• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swine Flu

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had some foul disease last week which could have been flu, whether swine or otherwise. It didn't stop me getting to ClientOrg and invoicing, of course, but it was very unpleasant: as well as the cold-like symptoms, I had aching in my limbs joints which spread and eventually turned into almost complete seizing up of the muscles of my lower back - walking a mile or so loosened them up, but sitting down for ten minutes would then leave me as bad as when I'd started

I thought the two might be unrelated, but the back trouble cleared up at the same time and rate as the cold symptoms.

Either way, it was crap

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Apparently the main dfference is that swine flu is somewhat milder, than normal seasonal flu.
      Apparently not.Still, what are facts when you have CUK.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

swine flu

Government Web sites from such southern hemisphere countries as Australia and New Zealand, whose flu season is now ending, show fewer flu deaths than normal.
        New York City data indicate that swine flu is perhaps a tenth as lethal as the seasonal variety
        Last edited by BlasterBates; 3 December 2009, 18:19.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          I had some foul disease last week which could have been flu, whether swine or otherwise. It didn't stop me getting to ClientOrg and invoicing, of course, but it was very unpleasant: as well as the cold-like symptoms, I had aching in my limbs joints which spread and eventually turned into almost complete seizing up of the muscles of my lower back - walking a mile or so loosened them up, but sitting down for ten minutes would then leave me as bad as when I'd started

I thought the two might be unrelated, but the back trouble cleared up at the same time and rate as the cold symptoms.

Either way, it was crap
          That was probably bird flu then.

Comment

Either way, it was crap
            I've got that.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

The marketing people got the name of this thing all wrong, flu just doesn't cut it. It should have been called 'deadly swine plague', or 'airborne lung disease for newly borns' or something. Mind you sales of remedies have still been astronomicly high, especially in the UK. In reality all the jab is is just a means of administering a perfectly innocuous RFID tag to the population that will allow your every movement to be monitored and recorded.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                I've got that.
                Wasn't me, honest guv

FWIW a mate of mine in London had the same thing at the same time. The only thing we had in common was that we'd both been to a conference the Friday before. From careful analysis of Twitter, I've come to the conclusion that we were infected by the Dutch web developer contingent, probably ppk to be precise, who had reported a lurgy during the week before the conference.

So if you've been consorting with any Dutchmen lately, that's probably where it came from

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
                  Rup Jr has it. Poor little mite. It sucks.
                  How about: sick tick
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I had some foul disease last week which could have been flu, whether swine or otherwise. It didn't stop me getting to ClientOrg and invoicing, of course
                    Well, when the other contractors and employees start dropping like flies now you've infected them too, you can ask them whether it was swine or otherwise flu in a week or so when they crawl groggily back into work.

Good job, Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                      Well, when the other contractors and employees start dropping like flies now you've infected them too, you can ask them whether it was swine or otherwise flu in a week or so when they crawl groggily back into work.

Good job, Nick
                      I aim to please

They've all been fine this week; they would have been showing symptoms by now if I'd managed to spread it around. Ah well, next time...

Comment

Working...
                      X