• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Swine Flu jab for kiddies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASB View Post
    I also had seasonal flu. I felt bloody lousy for about 3 days.
    That's what you get for living in warm, damp Somerset. I did not get on with living in Somerset at all. All the fences are green with mould, the valleys are full of mist all morning. I'm sure Somerset is a county bad for the chest.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      I'm sure Somerset is a county bad for the chest.
      Proof: Miss Somerset.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Can you give me an example of someone who has had the vaccine and waited the set time for the vaccine to work then went onto get swine flu?
        I saw the results of trials some time ago and they were carp, as most flu vaccines are, but I can' be arsed to look again. (Around the same time I discovered that the vaccination we had as 11 years olds at school is considered carp now too. Controversial anyway). Searching on 'flu vaccine efficacy' might be a good start point. Perhaps on Pub Med, if you're really keen.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          I saw the results of trials some time ago and they were carp, as most flu vaccines are, but I can' be arsed to look again. (Around the same time I discovered that the vaccination we had as 11 years olds at school is considered carp now too. Controversial anyway). Searching on 'flu vaccine efficacy' might be a good start point. Perhaps on Pub Med, if you're really keen.
          I think the law in this country is weighted towards the person making a statement as fact proving that statement is fact.

For example if I said you were a raving cottaging homosexual in print and you got me to court I would be asked to prove that was the case not you having to prove that you were not.

With that in mind I asked you to prove "the vaccine was not 100% effective" and you decided to ask me to read some stuff from the web (see my previous posts in this thread about taking your medical advice from the web).

So again I will ask you "Can you give me an example of someone who has had the vaccine and waited the set time for the vaccine to work then went onto get swine flu?"

I will guess you will not answer that and waffle on about something that can be googled.

Comment

Can you give me an example of someone who has had the vaccine and waited the set time for the vaccine to work then went onto get swine flu?
            Is H1N1 the Swine Flu? If so, the Ukraine seems to have some. Here too refers to the World Health Organisation. And this refers to Rapid City, wherever that is (South Dakota, USA?). I suspect only the USA one gives cases.

Comment

I think the law in this country is weighted towards the person making a statement as fact proving that statement is fact.

For example if I said you were a raving cottaging homosexual in print and you got me to court I would be asked to prove that was the case not you having to prove that you were not.

With that in mind I asked you to prove "the vaccine was not 100% effective" and you decided to ask me to read some stuff from the web (see my previous posts in this thread about taking your medical advice from the web).

So again I will ask you "Can you give me an example of someone who has had the vaccine and waited the set time for the vaccine to work then went onto get swine flu?"

I will guess you will not answer that and waffle on about something that can be googled.

No, you back up your unsupported nonsense:
              "I have had the swine flu vaccine, I am not dead and will not get swine flu as well "

Here's something for DP:

Doctors are in line for huge bonuses if large numbers of their patients sign up for swine flu jabs.

Managers at a major health trust are offering extra payments on top of the £5.25 that GPs already get per injection.

If they vaccinate more than 90 per cent of those deemed at risk of the disease in their area, they will get 50 per cent more per jab - £7.88 per person.
              http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...b-targets.html

Comment

A different and less tricky area than having their own kids vaccinated, but :

August:
                Up to 60% of GPs may choose not to be vaccinated against swine flu, with many concerned about the safety of the vaccine, a GP newspaper survey suggests.
                http://www.healthcarerepublic.com/ne...e-flu-vaccine/
                More recent anecdotal 'evidence' seen amongst a broader group of health care workers: http://www.healthcarerepublic.com/ne...gher-expected/

There are no stats for how many GP's have had their own kids vaccinated, as far as I know, but who's arsed anyway?
                Last edited by TimberWolf; 4 December 2009, 00:00.

Comment

Given that your attitude towards requests for proof of your own assertions is limited to "the local rag said so"...

Well know. Articles in the paper about them kneeling all round town.
                  ...it seems to me that you should try living up to the standards you seek to impose on others before you get on your high horse.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Don't they paid according to the number of victims^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hpatients they vaccinate?
                    I'm going back many years now, but my local doctor told me that vaccination campaigns justified him going computerised. He could not only make sure he hit government targets but could prove it, and of course got paid a healthy chunk for doing so.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      And I would trust anything you had to say, AGW expert?

I genuinely feel sorry for your kids. Decisions are going to be made for them by a dad who hasn't the slightest clue about evaluating evidence and making judgements on the balance of probabilities.

It is cretinism of this sort that is leading to a resurgence of measles and other completely preventable childhood diseases in the UK as ignorant idiots avoid vaccinating their kids.
                      Last edited by sasguru; 4 December 2009, 09:51.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X