• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Those with heavy cash positions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toolpusher
    Dubai: Mmmmmmm.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Never really folllowed the Dubai rise (and now fall?)closely, but my thoughts (fuelled by alcohol )
      Greed
      Sheep, follow folllow - bahhhhhhh
      What`s worse about capitalism transfered to Dubai
      Borrow
      Dream world followed by dreamers?
      Seems to be a place that has risen from the boom of the last decade or so, fuelled by the very things that have led to our current problems.
      Downfall?
      Last edited by SuperZ; 27 November 2009, 00:43.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Ought to think about diversification before the end of Q1 2010. I am not qualified to give this advice, but my sources reveal that major currency shifts are afoot.

Current market levels are an illusion. If you don't believe me, take a look at the DOW priced in gold.

HTH
        Ok we will take advice of someone who is considered a loser on a internet forum! A beggar would garner more respect.

Comment

Ought to think about diversification before the end of Q1 2010. I am not qualified to give this advice, but my sources reveal that major currency shifts are afoot.

Current market levels are an illusion. If you don't believe me, take a look at the DOW priced in gold.

HTH
          Originally posted by Dog's Heinous
          Could you please explain this in layman's terms?

Cheers,
          Dog's Heinous
          I thought I already did
          Diversify in to what? And what does that chart show? Market levels are an illusion - what does that mean? Market levels of what? And what is the reality? Are you just saying I should spend all my money?

Oh, and Diestl. Don't post when you've had more than a couple of beakers of shandy. It makes you sound a bit silly.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post

Oh, and Diestl. Don't post when you've had more than a couple of beakers of shandy. It makes you sound a bit silly.
            Can you distinguish between when he has or hasn't been on the beer? To my mind he sounds like a deprived child, desperate for attention, at that stage just before they start talking and the frustration of not being able to express themselves kicks in.

Comment

I've bought commodity stocks, that is companies who have mountain ranges, or ocean gulfs in their balance sheets.

Another good tip is Telco's ....pay out huge dividends, and just swimming in cash. Inflation...no problem, just shove up the rates. Not much in terms of raw materials, once the cables have been laid, they can cash in for the next hundred years.

But good to have investments worldwide, no focus on any currency and invest in companies that have income globally....like oil companies, gas producers, fairly immune from inflation.

...and another tip don't get hooked on charts and stock market movements, look at each stock individually. Look at its earnings, think of yourself as an investor going to a small company not quoted on the stock market and looking at the books, talking to the MD and shoving some money in. Same thing, you invest in that frame of mind you're less likely to get diddled, i.e. invest in an overvalued co. that loses 80% of its value and then doesn't go up again.
              Last edited by BlasterBates; 27 November 2009, 08:52.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                oh dearie me
                I'm not on drugs how very dare you. I did have a couple of beers after work. That doesn't affect the markets though.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Is suity on drugs? or has he been hitting the forum after one too many shandies again??
                  a little from column a, a little from column b
                  I'm not on drugs how very dare you. I did have a couple of beers after work.
                  Can you be sure you didn't have a cocktail that included Rohypnol?

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    Can you be sure you didn't have a cocktail that included Rohypnol?

Were you that early 50s weirdy beirdy sort loitering outside the gents in the pub last night. Wearing the Europe T-Shirt 4 sizes too small with a muffin top hanging over your light brown corduroys?
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Were you that early 50s weirdy beirdy sort loitering outside the gents in the pub last night. Wearing the Europe T-Shirt 4 sizes too small with a muffin top hanging over your light brown corduroys?
                      Yes. And you still owe me £20 for the 'favour'.
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X