• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Those with heavy cash positions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Yes. And you still owe me £20 for the 'favour'.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      ...To my mind he sounds like a deprived child, desperate for attention, ...
      He can't be a child. He'd have to be tucked up in bed at 9pm.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Every time I move from cash to other investments to beat infaltion I lose more than I would have due to inflation. Its better to lose money due to inflation rather than make losses in investments like gold, stocks etc nobody knows where they are heading.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
          Every time I move from cash to other investments to beat infaltion I lose more than I would have due to inflation. Its better to lose money due to inflation rather than make losses in investments like gold, stocks etc nobody knows where they are heading.
          NS&I Index linked ?

Comment

So what about this Euro thingy. Where's that to then?

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
              NS&I Index linked ?
              The index link is linked to RPI which is negative.

Next.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                The index link is linked to RPI which is negative.

Next.

The brief was to beat inflation !

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                  The brief was to beat inflation !
                  So buy a product that produces zero gain as RPI is negative (government figures) when in reality everything is going up in price?

Good idea.

Not.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    So buy a product that produces zero gain as RPI is negative (government figures) when in reality everything is going up in price?

Good idea.

Not.
                    They are determined to create inflation, if they fail and it goes tits up ( looking likely !? ) a zero return will be a good return.

My current tactics are NS&I 1 year fixed at 3.95%. With an eye on NS&I Index linked or something like Legal & General All Stocks Index-Linked Gilt Index Accumulation if/when inflation kicks in.

Comment

Actually I wasn't thinking in terms of inflation, hyperinflation or anything like. Far worse. Currency devluation and possible collapse. By diversifying into commodities, precious metals etc you mitigate the risk.

I am reading a lot about a potential dollar collapse, which seems to be only stemmed by the Yuans dollar peg. Once this is removed all hell breaks loose to all currencies tied to the dollar.

I am of course the official CUK mentalist, so BIBBLE.
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X