• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Great expressions and or catchphrases

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benjamin Franklin is often supposed to have said

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy
    But he didn't. However, it works for me.
    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
      Benjamin Franklin is often supposed to have said

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

But he didn't. However, it works for me.
      Erm, actually, the quote is nearly correct, but he was talking about wine. It's from a letter he wrote to a friend.

HTH

Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        Erm, actually, the quote is nearly correct, but he was talking about wine. It's from a letter he wrote to a friend.

HTH

What he did say:

We hear of the conversion of water into wine at the marriage in
        Cana as of a miracle. But this conversion is, through the goodness
        of God, made every day before our eyes. Behold the rain which
        descends from heaven upon our vineyards; there it enters the roots of
        the vines, to be changed into wine; a constant proof that God loves
        us, and loves to see us happy. The miracle in question was only
        performed to hasten the operation, under circumstances of present
        necessity, which required it.
        Sminki Drinki
        Last edited by HairyArsedBloke; 26 November 2009, 09:06.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I say arsebiscuits a lot.
          I also made a little laminated sign on a stick with FFS on it, and gave it to my clientco boss. He now just waves it in the air when he is annoyed at the latest batch of pointless management emails. I borrow it sometimes too.
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
            I say arsebiscuits a lot.
            I also made a little laminated sign on a stick with FFS on it, and gave it to my clientco boss. He now just waves it in the air when he is annoyed at the latest batch of pointless management emails. I borrow it sometimes too.
            I like the FFS stick idea.
            I once thought about getting two little round badges, for under the coat lapels, one saying yes, the other saying no.

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              I like the FFS stick idea.
              I once thought about getting two little round badges, for under the coat lapels, one saying yes, the other saying no.

I made some cards for a friend of mine who had problems saying no at work, a red one and a yellow one. He was to hand them over whenever has was asked to do something that he didnt have time to do.
              The yellow one was to be used first and it explained nicely how he was too busy, the red one was to be used when the yellow one failed and was a little more blunt!

Dont think they worked, he's still a total people pleasing workaholic.

I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

as rare as hens teeth
                as rare as rocking horse poo
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...