• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thatcher is dead!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only question mark I have over Thatcher is whether she could have done it without oil. Although admittedly I didn't face the hardship that some felt during her (early?) years of reform.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      The only question mark I have over Thatcher is whether she could have done it without oil. Although admittedly I didn't face the hardship that some felt during her (early?) years of reform.
      I've certainly come across the argument that she squandered the oil.

Did anyone watch last night's BBC4 drama about her downfall?
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        I've certainly come across the argument that she squandered the oil.

Did anyone watch last night's BBC4 drama about her downfall?
        I watched it when it came out.

My mum's cousin played Nigel Lawson.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Thatcher, always stealing the milk from the kids.
          I hated being forced to drink milk in school. She'd have got my vote just for that.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            I hated being forced to drink milk in school. She'd have got my vote just for that.
            I was just using based on the Cat reference. AFAIUI 'she' wasn't infavour of stopping the milk. She happened to be forcing through the spending cuts at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              It was warm and tasted like cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                It was warm and tasted like cheese.

It certainly wasn't in winter. Too cold to drink if anything.
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
                  It certainly wasn't in winter. Too cold to drink if anything.
                  We had heating in our school.

I guess you lived oop north.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    AFAIUI 'she' wasn't infavour of stopping the milk. She happened to be forcing through the spending cuts at the time.
                    So ministers aren't responsible for the legislation they bring in? Like they're not responsible for their expenses?
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Happy to say I'm too young to remember Thatcher properly but I got the impression she was a hatchet-man (sic) so she did what she wanted to do regardless of popularity. Maybe thats what we need now - some tough love.

Comment

Working...
                      X