• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Idiots spamming the forum with similar titled threads

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Makes me sort of glad I didnt start that

'Children I watched when I was a T.V.'

thread

Comment

I'm surprised this thread hasn't spawned a clone or two yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        I'm surprised this thread hasn't spawned a clone or two yet.
        It did - I think Admin has had a busy day so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Bwana View Post
          CUK is a fantastic forum and has entertained me for years. However, if there's one thing that puts me off browsing the forum, it's when I see a large number of similarly-titled threads dominating the first page of General. The pattern is that these threads all have very simliar titles which are a 'pun' of the original thread's title. These are effectively a form of spam, and they serve to push the more genuine threads off of page1 making them less likely to be viewed.

Mods - could you please delete such offending threads, or at least move them to 'light relief'?

Cheers,
          I'd like to nominate Bwana for CUK Troll of the Year 2009 for this inspired peiece of subversive trolling
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Makes me sort of glad I didnt start that

'Children I watched when I was a T.V.'

thread

10/10

Comment

Bwana - the forum had a bout of serious , fundamental philosophical debate and dispute.
              Some real differences of opinion on very serious subjects.
              But it's OK, admin closed that thread so we could get back to the normal business.

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I was gonna do a 'Roy Kinnear pressure' one, and him not being funny but felt compelled to laugh because the older generation found him funny line. But thought better of it. (Plus I was too busy to type it all in at the time).

PZZ ZZ

Comment

Working...
                X