• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you tell your 16yo self?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do what you want to Do
    And Go where you're Going to
    Think for Yourself
    Because I wont be there with You ,,,
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 12 November 2009, 22:53.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
      Stop, look, listen, think
      Always use the Green Cross Code
      Because I won't be there
      When you cross the road
      FTFY
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

1. Don't buy that Fender Stratocaster, buy a Fender Jazz Bass instead. The role of the bass player better suits your personality.

2. If a young women takes you back to her room you are in there. Don't doubt yourself.

3. You are a clever sod who can do acceptably academically without trying. That is not good enough, you should try harder. This will matter when you are in your twenties.

4. If you are going to insist on spending your whole time at university hanging out in the Student Union Bar, and you probably will, then realise that you will have to make a living from the people skills you learn there, not the degree that you are going to do unexceptionally at.

Comment

Become a contractors as soon as you get into PCs. No one else knew any more than you did, they were all making it up.

Buy more houses in your twenties. retire in your forties.

Buy more shares at the bottom.

Spend more time with your kids.

Don't smoke, spend more time getting fit.

Date more Blondes, french & Swiss girls when you were free. Still marry the missus.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X