• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

V

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    anyone catch it?

Bit of a slow burner this one, but like battlestar, will have to wait and see.
    Eh!? This isnt due on the UK Sci Fi channel until early 2010 I heard. Is it on now or what?
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
      Eh!? This isnt due on the UK Sci Fi channel until early 2010 I heard. Is it on now or what?
      Yep, started in the US on Tuesday night, downloaded it from usenet.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Just watched ep2 that I downloaded this morning. I think they will can it before the season ends. There are no new stories there. It's a re-hash of plots from random shows from the last twenty years. I know you could say the same about all US drama, and UK for that matter, but FFS!
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I liked the film...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Just watched the first two. I quite enjoyed it actually, though if this is a full 22 episode series they've given away far too much too soon.

Do we get to see Morena Baccarin swallow a hamster?
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

It restarted the other week in the US, but I can't be arsed to download it anymore. It won't get a second season.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

I thought it has a lot of promise unlike caprica.

Good slant on the visitors already being here for years before the motherships arrive, being terrorists etc.

The special effects should be up to date too. The blonde detective is a bit of a MILF while Anna (Morena Baccarin) looked a lot better in firefly / serenity.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  Just watched the first two. I quite enjoyed it actually, though if this is a full 22 episode series they've given away far too much too soon.

Do we get to see Morena Baccarin swallow a hamster?

I'd like to see her swallow something!

Comment

I'm disappointed we haven't seen the V's go native, you got that a lot more in the old version, especially with Diana.

This one of a tad sterile to say the least.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                      Is this a remake of the chronic late 70's early 80's thing? Alien lizards etc.
                      Alien lizards with latex human masks. They put up posters everywhere showing the friendly aliens smiling, then the resistance went around spraying big red "V"s on them.

Just at the time it started showing in the UK (around 1983?), the evangelist preacher Billy Graham was doing a tour of the UK, and his posters showed his smiling face. It wasn't long before they had big red "V"s sprayed on them in real life

Comment

Working...
                      X