• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

QT tonight: Will you be tuning in?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    do you reckon it's been recorded already ?

Normally they record it late afternoon / early evening.

Editing a 1 hour programme can take days, especially around getting it to be just the right timing etc. As soon as you cut something out, what do you put in it's place to make up the time. The best way to cover this is to deliberately run over time to give yourselves a buffer, but then it means you must cut something out, even if nothing went wrong.

So I think they normally do a "live" edit - i.e. the VT editor / director will edit it on-the-fly as if it were live and that's what goes out, bar anything extreme or exceptional circumstances.

But given that the BNP are on tonight, it wouldn't surprise me if they made the recording first thing this morning to give the VT editor more time in case it needs some major surgery before the transmission deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      They were clear on that. No Gurhkhas to settle here was/is their official policy.
      There you go then, a sure-fire way to make sure that no matter how brilliantly he performs (a la pen) he get his @rse rubbed by the audience

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Further update on when QT is recorded - assuming BBC is to be believed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...me/3116918.stm

"Question Time is recorded in front of a live audience from around 2030 GMT each Thursday... ...The recording is done in a single take, precisely as if it were broadcast live. Some exchanges occasionally have to be edited out for legal or taste/decency reasons."

Largely as I stated, although I thought it was a bit earlier in the evening than that - and I suspect it will be much earlier today.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
          There you go then, a sure-fire way to make sure that no matter how brilliantly he performs (a la pen) he get his @rse rubbed by the audience

Assuming that a) someone asks and b) he answers as per party line.

Do you think any questions tonight will get a straight answer?

Comment

Whole things is a farce so off to AndyW's.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Whole things is a farce so off to AndyW's.
              Don't forget your electric toothbrush.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Assuming that b) he answers as per party line.
                If he answers any differently, wouldn't that make him a fibber ?

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

As bizarre as it sounds, I suspect he may try to stay away from talking about race tonight. He'll probably say a lot of sensible sounding things about the economy, bankers bonuses and the postal strike, and that's the real danger - that a lot of people will watch and come away thinking how reasonable the BNP are now.

I just hope that whoever's on the panel with him are intelligent and articulate enough to make him look as ignorant as he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Don't forget your electric toothbrush.
                    Grffin's borrowed it to power his genital electric torture device.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                      As bizarre as it sounds, I suspect he may try to stay away from talking about race tonight. He'll probably say a lot of sensible sounding things about the economy, bankers bonuses and the postal strike, and that's the real danger - that a lot of people will watch and come away thinking how reasonable the BNP are now.

I just hope that whoever's on the panel with him are intelligent and articulate enough to make him look as ignorant as he is.
                      Not bizarre at all. Hitler didn't stand on a 'start another world war and murder all the Jews' manifesto. The BNP will do whatever it takes to appear respectable. This is why they talk in public about indigenous culture rather than the historic destiny of the Aryan folk.

Comment

Working...
                      X