• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractors, Liars and Fake CV's

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    All very well and good - but CUK doesn't have to be dragged into it. Happy to debate with you/answer questions, but not to be party to defamation.
    If it's true, then it's not defamation.

But I agree with the sentiment.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I just had a weird thought,

I am a contractor
      I tell the occasional lie
      I have a fake CV

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        I'll take that as a "No" then. Just wondering why you've automatically jumped to someones defence.
        Have sent you a PM regarding this. I would say "outside" but I know you are a big lad so will try not to take offence at your outright rudeness.

You can take it as a "No", but you would be wrong and have jumped to a conclusion and made assumptions based on your own paranoia.

I jumped to someone's defence as knew a bit more about a situation than you did. I tried to assure you of the situation by PM so you did not make an arse of yourself but as you insist in trying to make me look daft then it is only fair that I return the favour.

To settle this publicly, as seems to be your desire, when I saw the post I asked the admin to check IP and email details and was told there was no doubt the post was genuine. I was told where the post originated from and this confirmed the identity of the user.
        my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          All very well and good - but CUK doesn't have to be dragged into it. Happy to debate with you/answer questions, but not to be party to defamation.
          I understand, and I don't want to cause any problems. I just wanted to ask the question.

Many thanks for the replies.

I also always wondered why anyone would pretend to be something else when a successful contractor in finance working in London. My background is physics but I don't think I could get my head around some of the things required in that profession. I would be proud of it!

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
            I understand, and I don't want to cause any problems. I just wanted to ask the question.

I also always wondered why anyone would pretend to be something else when a successful contractor in finance working in London. My background is physics but I don't think I could get my head around some of the things required in that profession. I would be proud of it!
            Helen - serious question

when he opened that box, was the cat there or not ? I just have to know its been bugging me for years

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Are CV's ever checked, as it seems entirely possibly to blag one's way through a short term job with the kind help of colleagues and some books from Amazon
              in my experience cv's are not checked. read and used as a resource for interview questions but that's about it.

references are sometimes called but tbh it is probably three or more years since my references have confirmed that anyone has spoken to them.

as to blagging a short term job - yes it is quite easy if you have balls and / or the recruiter hasn't put in place the checks to catch the blag.

oftentimes the recruiter doing the interview and making the decisions is a manager who won't know the details. a blagger interviewing a blagger. if it is a niche skill being recruited and nobody in the office has any knowledge how is a blagger to be unmasked?

agents should act as a filter - i assume craig was going direct most of the time?

Comment

Hilarious.

Noone spotted the chap in question for who he is, although that doesn't really matter because anything that happens on here is all make believe, it is only the real world that matters.

Then a new poster claiming to be an ex-wife, responding in exactly the way that someone in her position would in my opinion, is given a hard time by people doubting her "genuineness".

The field that he works in is small and everyone knows everyone else so I am surprised that he wasn't challenged before. That said, he did seem to be going to ever smaller firms before finally working on his own, with a new name.

Comment

Have you considered writing a book? Hollywood would likely make a great dramatisation out of it, if it needed any.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                    Helen - serious question

when he opened that box, was the cat there or not ? I just have to know its been bugging me for years

It was round the back smoking a fag, the naughty little minx, so he never did find out.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                      Helen - serious question

The cat would have been alive or dead.
                      +50 Xeno Geek Points
                      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                      X