• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Are my views racist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I mean you'd have to be incredibly stupid to judge someone solely by skin colour.
    Unless you're watching a boxing match.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      10 pages, and no actually offensive racism so far. I'm disappointed, the thread would have been much more fun to read if Cyberman were still around.
      This would never have happened under the Tories...

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
        In black and white.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          any sporting event other than swimming

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            That's because most on CUK are too intelligent to be racist.
            I mean you'd have to be incredibly stupid to judge someone solely by skin colour.
            But race isn't just skin colour, in peoples' perceptions anyway. Racists attribute generalisations to different races (effectively genetic traits) such as intelligence or laziness. And then layer cultural stereotyping on top... garlic-smelling French, unhygienic Indians, etc. To be a racist you need to have a picture in your head what being black/Indian/Chinese/etc represents so you know what you're hating.

I don't think intelligence stops racism, other than the low-level chavs-targetting-Indian-restuarant kind, which is less racism and more the fact that the chavs target anyone different.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by singhr View Post
              As a descendent of economic migrants a few generations ago myself I am mindful of the expression 'there but for the grace of God', but after seeing George Osborne's speech last night concerning tough times ahead following on from the Panorama program this week explaining how the chain of illegal immigration is being pushed back into Africa with the connivance of Libya, I put forward my view that the last thing this country needs with 3 million and rising unemployed is to host yet more ill educated, unqualified economic migrants when we have our own home-grown talent(less) pool to consider. The kids around the breakfast table this morning all declared me to be right-wing racist and sent me to work with a flea in my ear, so what do you lot reckon?

1. does this view make me sound like a racist?
              2. is stopping the influx a good or bad thing for our economy?
              IMO, you don't sound racist, you sound more like "I'm alright Jack, screw you lot!".

Your family got a new start, and through hard work(I assume) managed to make something for themselves and their future generations. You seem to be advocating the denial of that opportunity to others.

My 2p worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                IMO, you don't sound racist, you sound more like "I'm alright Jack, screw you lot!".

Your family got a new start, and through hard work(I assume) managed to make something for themselves and their future generations. You seem to be advocating the denial of that opportunity to others.

My 2p worth.
                WHS

Comment

But he does say a few generations ago when migrants had to be useful people or starve. People may have a right to the chance to achieve but not at the expense of others. It is the welfare state that makes a difference.

I repeat, the uncomfortable realities about welfare use, poor health and crime with regards to some migrant/minority groups are not BNP inventions, they are to be found in the government stats, hospital studies and surveys by reputable organisations. British people, including the successful migrants, have every right to resent it.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                  X