• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

F1 Japan (possible spoilers)... Anyone watching live?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Yes, I know there have been women in F1 but I meant there will be more in the future and they will be taken seriously this time. The real problem is getting them in to the cars in the first place. I appreciate there are physical demands but it wasn't so long ago that 'experts' were insisting that women couldn't run marathons.
    Desire Wilson won an F1 race (or sorts - British F1) at Brands. She was taken fairly seriously, though only ever got 1 entry in what was then F1 "proper" and did not qualify.

I think the physical demands of F1 are probably greater than Indy - but Danica Patrick deserves to be taken seriously. She has quite a lot of talent in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Interestingly, women are physiologically more suited to flying fighter planes than men.

I doubt this translates to driving cars quickly though, that is obviously man's work.
      Outthinking, outdrinking, outbrakeing - so what are you fellas for then?
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Driving in F1 sounds horrendous. You lose literally litres of sweat, get jolted all over the place and get burnt on the foot/arse. It sounds about as glamorous as driving off-road through a desert in a Jeep wearing all your warmest cloths.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Driving in F1 sounds horrendous. You lose literally litres of sweat, get jolted all over the place and get burnt on the foot/arse. It sounds about as glamorous as driving off-road through a desert in a Jeep wearing all your warmest cloths.
          But think of the MONEY!!!!
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Indeed, but that's why they're the modern day equivalent of fighter pilots. Nobody in their right mind would want to do it, but they can probably get all the girls and money they'd ever want.

If there was going to be a serious female F1 driver, the sponsors would be lining up to back her and she'd have no trouble getting a drive. But if she turned out to be another Luca Badoer or Alex Zinardi, the effect would be somewhat different.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
              Desire Wilson won an F1 race (or sorts - British F1) at Brands. She was taken fairly seriously, though only ever got 1 entry in what was then F1 "proper" and did not qualify.

I think the physical demands of F1 are probably greater than Indy - but Danica Patrick deserves to be taken seriously. She has quite a lot of talent in my view.
              what is British F1?
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                what is British F1?
                This one? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Formula_One_Series

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                  what is British F1?
                  There was a British series for a few years and also a South African series for some time. At this point there were all sorts of problems in motorsport. British F1 effectively grew from the old UK F5000 of mid/late 70's. It changed it's rules to also allow entries to the then FIA F1 cars (and possibly some others as well). Initially they ran multiple formula in the same event but it was I think eventually upgraded to be compliant with the then FIA F1 regs - this is the point at which it became British F1.

F1 is a set of regulations. The FIA F1 world championship is a series run to those regulations.

I rather imagine Bernie has it adequately sown up now, though it didn't use to be - the proposed breakaway was not allowed to call themselves F1 for example - even if they ran to whatever rules were defined by the FIA at the time.

Comment

Working...
                  X