• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

F1 Japan (possible spoilers)... Anyone watching live?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching the race...I could only recall two passes for position on the track. Well there was that Sutil one too. F1 really is boring.

This is a bit like Villieneuve's championship year...it just goes on and on. sadly no Schumacher to cause championship deciding collisions either.
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
      Watching the race...I could only recall two passes for position on the track. Well there was that Sutil one too. F1 really is boring.
      Check out the 125cc and 250cc motorcycle GP championships and World Supersports for some proper racing.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
        Check out the 125cc and 250cc motorcycle GP championships and World Supersports for some proper racing.
        Each to their own, but I find motorike racing really boring because they change positions so often and so easily it's meaningless.

F1 could certainly do with solving the aerodynamics problems stopping overtaking. They're able to run closer this year, which is good, but still not close enough.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Wonder if the rule that you can't refuel next year will make it more or less exciting. You won't see cars with different amounts of fuel on board having different speeds as a result, but the cars should be very different to drive at the start/end of the race which might throw up some interesting situations.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            Each to their own, but I find motorike racing really boring because they change positions so often and so easily it's meaningless.

F1 could certainly do with solving the aerodynamics problems stopping overtaking. They're able to run closer this year, which is good, but still not close enough.
            Touring cars then, where overtaking is allowed. There are many better motor racing series than Formula 1, I'd rather watch Clio cup racing, or something with Caterhams.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Wonder if the rule that you can't refuel next year will make it more or less exciting. You won't see cars with different amounts of fuel on board having different speeds as a result, but the cars should be very different to drive at the start/end of the race which might throw up some interesting situations.
              Depends if they are still allowed the active wings?
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Isn`t F1 sexist as there are no wimmin taking part? Obviously the Labour Party still have a lot of work to do.

Comment

Originally posted by dinker View Post
                  Isn`t F1 sexist as there are no wimmin taking part? Obviously the Labour Party still have a lot of work to do.
                  It has happened http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...la_One_drivers

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                    Touring cars then, where overtaking is allowed. There are many better motor racing series than Formula 1, I'd rather watch Clio cup racing, or something with Caterhams.
                    Yes I do enjoy BTCC. But it's a small regional championship, nothing on the scale or significance of F1. Bilsham Town FC vs. Little Sunny on the Wold Rovers might have more goals but you wouldn't expect that match to get the same audience as the World Cup final.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      It'll mean we'll have proper qualifying, with pole position going to whoever can do the fastest lap, not just whoever puts the least fuel on board.

And in theory it'll mean the drivers will have to try harder to overtake on track rather than relying on the pit stops. But if they can't, then it could make it more boring.

These major rule changes tend to shake things up for a few races, then after a while the teams get used to it, and everything settles down to be more or less the same as it was before.

Comment

Working...
                      X