• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Website help please

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone bothered to download Firefox 3.5 yet? They say it's a lot faster.
    Last edited by TimberWolf; 2 October 2009, 10:03. Reason: Ah, I see from the comments above that some of you have

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Anyone bothered to download Firefox 3.5 yet? They say it's a lot faster.
      Yep, I'm getting on very well with FF3.5.3. IMO much faster than IE8 (which for some reason repeatedly locks up on me, never managing to load pages such as Google!)

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Yep, I'm getting on very well with FF3.5.3. IMO much faster than IE8 (which for some reason repeatedly locks up on me, never managing to load pages such as Google!)
        I 've just used IE for the first time in ages and couldn't find the address bar. Then I finally spotted it right at the top of the screen, d'oh! Usually I get an automatic invitation to download the latest FF, but havn't received one yet, so still on 3.014.

Comment

Fine here
          IE 6 SP2 ( dont ask, corporate issue )
          XP Pro 5.1 SP2.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Many thanks guys for all the responses so far

Comment

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-GB; rv:1.9.0.14) Gecko/2009090216 Ubuntu/9.04 (jaunty) Firefox/3.0.14

Works fine

Comment

Originally posted by conkerer View Post
                Charlie Bray? or John Bull?

I'm trying to get hold of a film from 1996 about Charlie.
                It's Charlie.. do you think you can get hold of the film, or are you hoping he might have a copy? If it's the former I'd love to get a copy for him.. PM an email address..

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  I've given up on IE entirely now, because it seems incapable of saving online news web pages in HTML - Just sits there for ages, and then suddenly bombs out with an error message. But I've never yet found a page FireFox can't save.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Frogstomp View Post
                    It's Charlie.. do you think you can get hold of the film, or are you hoping he might have a copy? If it's the former I'd love to get a copy for him.. PM an email address..
                    I can't do PM yet, but when (if) I get a copy of the film I'll let you know !

There's a really crappy streaming version here:
                    http://archive.iskratv.com/shorts/cl...es004_017.html

I've approached the TV company asking for a copy for the Conker people and for Charlie.

Comment

Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.1: Safari Version 4.0.3 (6531.9) seems to be fine, as does Opera 10.00 build 6652

Comment

Working...
                      X