• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice article

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice article

More journalism like this please, I jut wish more people would speak out like this. Made me grin
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Very good, that certainly painted a picture of the program for me.

As someone who switched off TalkSport when Ian Wright was on it, this struck a chord:

"For instance, last week Ian Wright read out a story about David Hasselhoff's alleged drink problem, and summed it up by saying, "Wossee playing at? I mean, sort it out!" Then he did a sort of open-palmed "it's-common-sense-innit" shrugging manoeuvre. Thus the issue was settled."

But maybe I'm wrong. Imagine Ian Wright as our Prime Minister.
    Last edited by Doggy Styles; 26 September 2009, 11:37.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      More journalism like this please, I jut wish more people would speak out like this. Made me grin
      He really worked that vegetable analogy for all it was worth. For the first couple of paragraphs I thought it was a cookery show.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Charlie Brooker is always good value in print.

In fact him & Ben 'Bad Science' are the best things in the Guardian
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Even the trailer made me cringe. Just another attempt by 5 to fill the time-slot, doomed to failure. Next.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I read it in the flesh (well, the paper) - brilliant, as usual

Charlie also has a column in G2 on Monday, which is the only thing that makes Monday a day to look forward to for me

I've always loved that bit at the start of his piece I'm socially inept, but I joined Facebook anyway:
            "I don't get people. What's their appeal, precisely? They waddle around with their haircuts on, cluttering the pavement like gormless, farting skittles. They're awful."

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I read it in the flesh (well, the paper) - brilliant, as usual

Charlie also has a column in G2 on Monday, which is the only thing that makes Monday a day to look forward to for me

I've always loved that bit at the start of his piece I'm socially inept, but I joined Facebook anyway:
              "I don't get people. What's their appeal, precisely? They waddle around with their haircuts on, cluttering the pavement like gormless, farting skittles. They're awful."

That's rather a good description of my guinea pigs
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
              X