• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who thinks Obama and Brown are going to head up a strike on Iran any time soon ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    In this country we do not have opinions that are formed by tin pot dictators.
    Iran is not a tin pot country. And even if it was - like Zimbabwe, then why should I prevented to have opinion formed about Mugabe on the basis of his actions there?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      In this country we have opinions that are given to us by our beloved leader.
      Fixed that for you.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        ...a few settlements in disputed territories
        These are not disputed territories, it's stolen land. And more recently evictions of Palestinian families in Jerusalem. Having lived there for generations, literally out of their houses and onto the streets.

http://www.photoshelter.com/c/wmarij...000kDHH4R_eH_M

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Are they going to invade Iran maybe to take a slice of their land
        They could make a pre-emptive strike as they did with Iraq but they will get other countries to do it's bidding as highlighted by the Israeli foreing minister.

'Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman said Israel wanted to see an "unequivocal" Western response to the development.'

'Israel has never officially admitted having nuclear weapons, but is widely recognised to possess at least 75 warheads.'

Source: BBC News

Can you see the hypocrisy in that?

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          That seems to be the direction the wind is blowing.
          Not sure they will as one day an attack on a Muslim nation will unite the entire Muslim world against the West. Lord knows what mayhem that will cause.
          It might cause everyone to unite behind Brown and we will get another 5 year of LieBore.

Comment

TBH, I think we are now on the slow path to the bombing of Iran.

The rhetoric has started to change and Russia is now 'on-side' re: sanctions.

Interesting times ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by EC4N View Post
              These are not disputed territories, it's stolen land.
              Dude, look at what you said -

Originally posted by EC4N View Post
              But Israel has serious expansionist policies (eretz israel)
              What kind of SERIOUS expansionist policy Israel (country with 22k sq km) has? Do they plan to invade Iran and take over their land? The whole issue of Iran vs Israel is that the former is making their life very hard with weapons supplies to HAMAS, Hezbollah etc - frankly, the amount of stuff Iran did there would have been sufficient for war declaration long time ago, it's just Israel would prefer not to do that, however once nukes come to the party then they simply have no choice - that's why my opinions tilts in favour of Israel because Iran is a threat to the whole of West.

Comment

If we seriously want to mess up Iran, then why not ship the whole of our existing government, Brownstuff and friends, over to take charge otheir whole country ?

Considering what they have managed to do to the UK, I think Iran would be doomed in about 2 terms of office.

(And to think that, as I walk along the street, and pass other voters, there must be some I pass who voted Labour, and endorsed this government. And I wonder, "Why isn't there some way to identify these people, so that they can be defenestrated ?"))
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                  (And to think that, as I walk along the street, and pass other voters, there must be some I pass who voted Labour, and endorsed this government. And I wonder, "Why isn't there some way to identify these people, so that they can be defenestrated ?"))
                  I have long held the belief that anyone who works in the public sector should not be eligible to vote.
                  How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                  Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Iran's nuclear ambitions threaten economic meltdown

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance...omic-meltdown/

The biggest threat to recovery in the world economy has long seemed to me to be not that of a further leg in the financial crisis or even the fiscal ruination of developed economies, but some kind of geo-political shock, most likely eminating from Iran.

Revelations of a second, covert uranium enrichment facility on Iranian soil bring such a shock that much closer. Let me map out the nightmare scenario. Continued Iranian defiance causes the UN security council to back American led demands for sanctions. But they don’t work, possibly because Russia and or China continue to supply Iran with essential needs.

The failure of sanctions then prompts Israel to take unilateral military action against nuclear facilities in Iran, which in turn causes Iran to go through with its threat to mine Persian waters and attempt to halt the supply of oil through the Strait of Hormuz. The price of oil sky rockets, tipping the world economy precipitously back into recesssion. Financial markets again panic, leading to a further crash on the stock market and another crisis of confidence in the banks. All the action taken by governments in trying to halt the downward spiral in the economy goes up the swannee. Impausible? Regrettably only too possible.

Iran’s nuclear ambitions have once more made the Middle East into a tinder box. This matters to us in the West not just because of the obvious threat to our own security from nuclear proliferation but because of the region’s vital role in supplying oil to the world.

The lurch into recession a year ago wasn’t exclusively down to the collapse of Lehman Brothers and the wider financial crisis. In my view, it was always as much about the spike in oil prices. Shocked by prices at the pumps, American consumers en masse decided to stop spending.

The recovery would be shattered by a further oil price shock of this sort. The effect would be similar to, if not worse than, the Arab oil embargo of 1973. Claims by G20 leaders that thanks to decisive and unprecedented policy action the world has been saved from a second Great Depression would go up in smoke. Worse, there’s nothing left in the fiscal and monetary cannon to deal with any further upsets. It’s already been all used up.

OK, so nightmare scenarios rarely become a reality. I don’t want to frighten the horses, but I wish I could be so confident about this one.

=========================

So please I bought those FTSE put options..........

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      Iran's nuclear ambitions threaten economic meltdown
                      Good doom Brillo. Certainly made me think. I will fashion myself a tinfoil hat and see what prisonplanet.com has to say on the matter as I have no opinions of my own.

If anyone could post some opinions for me to take on board as fact, I would be most appreciative.
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X