• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who thinks Obama and Brown are going to head up a strike on Iran any time soon ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I don't think this will happen any time soon. After last time they would definately need to get a UN resolution first. Russia would veto it.

No, all eyes on the markets, G20 and Lisbon treaty. Major market crash, and currency collapse on its way.
    There's not going to be a crash. Just a whole lot of not very much for the next few years.

Stock market fluctuations have been with us since the exchanges opened.

Stop reading the drivel in the newspapers

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      If Bush had "dealt" with Iran, how do you think the Iranians would react?
      It would depend on how he would have dealt with it - there is no need to invade it with ground forces, it is sufficient to destroy any infrastructure that is thought to be used or be useful in order to produce WMDs. A convenient way to do it would have been to supply Israel with all materials and information they'd need to make successful attack.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        I don't think this will happen any time soon. After last time they would definately need to get a UN resolution first. Russia would veto it.

No, all eyes on the markets, G20 and Lisbon treaty. Major market crash, and currency collapse on its way.
        Yeah, neither us nor the US would bomb Iran. The US would 'defend' Israel vigorously though.

The only safe currency looks like Saudi Arabia to me. Does anyone know of any good Saudi stocks or investments? Asset owners in the UK might as well hold on to them and take any losses rather than convert to cash that will be made worthless by the looks of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Hangover View Post
          There's not going to be a crash. Just a whole lot of not very much for the next few years.
          That is what I was expecting, but with an overall negative trend. However, if thing get hotter in the Middle East then there could be a more rapid negative movement.

Stock market fluctuations have been with us since the exchanges opened.
          Yeah, and I luv it.

Stop reading the drivel in the newspapers
          That's not going to happen!
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

top reading the drivel in the newspapers
            Hactually, the newspapers are spouting green shoots crap all over the place.

I get my drivel from prisonplanet.com, SO THERE!
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              It would depend on how he would have dealt with it - there is no need to invade it with ground forces, it is sufficient to destroy any infrastructure that is thought to be used or be useful in order to produce WMDs. A convenient way to do it would have been to supply Israel with all materials and information they'd need to make successful attack.
              But Israel hasn't got any GBU-39 bunker busting smart bombs, the yanks refused to sell them... apparently.

Someone should launch an attack from space and blame it on god, they buy that sort of thing.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                But Israel hasn't got any GBU-39 bunker busting smart bombs, the yanks refused to sell them... apparently.
                Israel has got plenty of firepower - it's just they'd prefer not to do it, it is really the last resort. In any case USA (under Bush) could have supplied everything necessary and have aircraft carriers on stand by in case Iran tries to attack Israel in response to this action.

Furthermore, deal should have been made with Saddam - cheap oil in exchange for normal relations, it was the biggest mistake to weaken Iraq so much that Iran gained so much.

Comment

It's not Obama or Brown who makes the decision to attack. It's the Zionist lobby in the U.S and in all it's various manifestations. The media being a good tool to change peoples perceptions.

It's relatively easy to make a few documentaries on the perceived threat posed by a foreign nation prior to an important decision whether to go to war through parliament. Iraq?
                  Last edited by EC4N; 26 September 2009, 11:20.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    The conspiracy theorists say Iraq was bombed shortly after Sadam ditched the Dollar for oil transactions, as I'm A Dinner Jacket has just done.
                    He did that some years ago, but until now could hide safely behind the Russians (who I think also trade oil in Euros).

However, now Obama has canned the plans for Missile Defence sites in Eastern Europe, Russia and the US are best pals again. For example, Russia has recently offered to support sanctions against Iran. ...
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by EC4N View Post
                      It's not Obama or Brown who makes the decision to attack. It's the Zionist lobby in the U.S and in all it's various manifestations. The media being a good tool to change peoples perceptions.

Yes, for sure - it is also the same lobby who builds nuclear facilities in Iran, test fires rockets and makes public statements of intent to destroy Israel.

Frankly, the most suprising part in all of this is lack of military response from Israel years ago - link to USA is probably the only reason why.

Comment

Working...
                      X