• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who thinks Obama and Brown are going to head up a strike on Iran any time soon ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunacy is ruling the world. Eternal wars, environmental damage, neglect of the common people, are all proof of the total lack of common sense. The ever-increasing movement towards inequality and the gradual strangling of democracy are signs that people matter no more. Culture has been replaced by the accumulation of material goods. Information has turned into mass propaganda. The truth is of no significance. Greed has won out over humane instincts of solidarity. Individualism (read: selfishness) is the creed of this age and sharing and caring have gone out the door. Governments try to make fear and hatred the ruling instincts of the masses and the Other must be seen as the enemy. The general apathy and ignorance that is typical for the average citizens of most countries add to the ease with which the people can be kept blind and deaf to what is going on around them. And thus they also become easy victims of nationalistic propaganda.

http://axisoflogic.com/artman/publis...le_57014.shtml
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      I said Iran had a tin pot dictator, not a tin pot country. But then again you come from a tin pot country with a long line of tin pot dictators so you are hardly an objective witness.
      Iran's leadership is not tin pot, just like Soviet leadership wasn't. In the latter case my personal experience of a totalitarian country makes gives me additional confidence in drawing my conclusions.

I am not trying to be anybody's witness here, I've just posted my view on this matter that was influenced in substantial part by public statements and actions of Iranian leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Iran's leadership is not tin pot, just like Soviet leadership wasn't.
        Are you trying to tell us that thousands of soldiers goose stepping up and down red square with nukes in front of the country's non elected leaders dressed up in military kit is a sign that they were not tin pot leaders?

NURSE!!

Comment

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6850938.ece
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Are you trying to tell us that thousands of soldiers goose stepping up and down red square with nukes in front of the country's non elected leaders dressed up in military kit is a sign that they were not tin pot leaders?
            Check definition of tin pot: "adj. Insignificant or unimportant; minor."

http://www.answers.com/tin-pot

Do you think leader of a country that have enough nukes under their control to blow up this planet ten or more times are insignificant or unimportant?

Chaves is tin pot dictator - Castro, even North Korea can be viewed as tin pot, but Iran certainly isn't - though I don't expect you to be able to comprehend it since you think that somehow Soviet leadership (and country) were tin pot.

Comment

Check definition of tin pot: "adj. Insignificant or unimportant; minor."

http://www.answers.com/tin-pot

Do you think leader of a country that have enough nukes under their control to blow up this planet ten or more times are insignificant or unimportant?

Chaves is tin pot dictator - Castro, even North Korea can be viewed as tin pot, but Iran certainly isn't - though I don't expect you to be able to comprehend it since you think that somehow Soviet leadership (and country) were tin pot.
              I would say that Russia/Russian Federation/USSR/(whatever they want to call themselves these days) has always been a tulip stye.

If you think a country should be judged on their nuclear weapons then I suppose North Korea is more important than Germany.

Russia/Russian Federation/USSR/(whatever they want to call themselves these days) will always have fruit loops in charge, even with this flirtation with democracy you still get people killed for their views and for what they write.

Comment

I would say that Russia/Russian Federation/USSR/(whatever they want to call themselves these days) has always been a tulip stye.

If you think a country should be judged on their nuclear weapons then I suppose North Korea is more important than Germany.

Russia/Russian Federation/USSR/(whatever they want to call themselves these days) will always have fruit loops in charge, even with this flirtation with democracy you still get people killed for their views and for what they write.
                I've given you an English definition of what "tin pot" means, neither Iran nor Soviet Union qualify.

The fact that Soviet leaders were unelected, were corrupt etc etc is irrelevant - so long as they had nukes (like they do now), they are not "tin pot" - Mugabe is, Chaves is, Castro is and Iran was, but with nukes that's no longer the case, which is why there is such a "fuss" about it.

At least Soviet leaders wanted to live, the ayatollahs from Iran show all signs of preparing to die for their aggressive believes which is why they should never be allowed to have nukes.

Comment

I've given you an English definition of what "tin pot" means, neither Iran nor Soviet Union qualify.

The fact that Soviet leaders were unelected, were corrupt etc etc is irrelevant - so long as they had nukes (like they do now), they are not "tin pot" - Mugabe is, Chaves is, Castro is and Iran was, but with nukes that's no longer the case, which is why there is such a "fuss" about it.

At least Soviet leaders wanted to live, the ayatollahs from Iran show all signs of preparing to die for their aggressive believes which is why they should never be allowed to have nukes.
                  You are trying to tell me that a country that banned the Beatles and had some crusty dead embalmed politician as a national monument should be taken seriously? A place where Stalin is still revered as a top chap.

If you are going to persist in using the metric that nukes make a country then North Korea is more important that Japan?

The indoctrination you had obviously worked.

Comment

You are trying to tell me that a country that banned the Beatles and had some crusty dead embalmed politician as a national monument should be taken seriously? A place where Stalin is still revered as a top chap.

If you are going to persist in using the metric that nukes make a country then North Korea is more important that Japan?

The indoctrination you had obviously worked.
                    Are you a retard? I refer you back to definition of "tin pot" above - it means "insignificant", not anything else that you are trying to expand in your futile effort to avoid admitting that you made an error.

Sure you are right about other things you say about Soviet Union/Russia, that's totally wrong, backwards, idiotic etc - but "tin pot" does not apply to a country with lots of nukes because whether you like it or not nukes are significant.

North Korea is not more important than Japan, but North Korea is one million times more important (to Japan for example who are in close proximity to a new (other than Soviet Russia) backwards nuclear wielding nation), but it is certainly more important than Zimbabwe even though both countries share elements of backwardness.

Therefore, Iran is not a tin pot country (despite having backwards religions regime), if it was pretty much nobody in the West would give a tulip about it other than from time to time to publish stuff about hyper inflation like it happens in Zimbabwe, which is a tin pot country.

Do you understand now?

Comment

Are you a retard? I refer you back to definition of "tin pot" above - it means "insignificant", not anything else that you are trying to expand in your futile effort to avoid admitting that you made an error.

Sure you are right about other things you say about Soviet Union/Russia, that's totally wrong, backwards, idiotic etc - but "tin pot" does not apply to a country with lots of nukes because whether you like it or not nukes are significant.

North Korea is not more important than Japan, but North Korea is one million times more important (to Japan for example who are in close proximity to a new (other than Soviet Russia) backwards nuclear wielding nation), but it is certainly more important than Zimbabwe even though both countries share elements of backwardness.

Therefore, Iran is not a tin pot country (despite having backwards religions regime), if it was pretty much nobody in the West would give a tulip about it other than from time to time to publish stuff about hyper inflation like it happens in Zimbabwe, which is a tin pot country.

Do you understand now?
                      You went to a school where you were told that Stalin was the 'gardener of happiness', 'architect of a nation' and other such tripe. Your education came with a heavy mix of indoctrination and brainwashing, first chance you have you get over here and tell us what our view on the world should be.

Comment

Working...
                      X