• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Power of Christianity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
    Do you think I'm cute, Private? Do you think I'm funny?

Only when you wear your cute Thomas the Tank pyjamas!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Do you mean the titular head or the real head?
      The head is the Duke of Kent. See http://www.grandlodge-england.org/ne...ech-270405.htm

According to this site, most sovereigns since George III, except Queen Vic and the current Queen, have been masons.

I sometimes wonder if freemasonry (although it has been around since the middle ages) wasn't further developed and elaborated in the 18th century to allow the aristocracy and the monarchy to continue keeping a crafty hold on the levers of power behind the scenes following the Civil War in the 17th century, after which their former overt powers declined. Not necessarily saying it isn't basically beneficial to society today though.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
        I think your fecking hilarious....sarge....
        I admire your honesty. Hell, I like you.

Comment

It's good to see a fellow marine about this ill-disciplined place. The Marines are looking for a few good men. Unfortunately, this lot ain't it.

Comment

Hey sargents - please take your homo-erotic fantasies elsewhere
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well done, Gentlemen. Between the two of you you appear to have achieved the impossible and stopped that Chico troll from cluttering up this post with his bleeding heart ramblings.

Of course, it was all part of my plan for universal domination so you mustn't take any credit for yourselves.

Comment

Why do the freaks always appear at the end of the day?
                Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
                  Why do the freaks always appear at the end of the day?
                  I am overwhelmed by the delicious irony of that post.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    Hey sargents - please take your homo-erotic fantasies elsewhere
                    Where do I sign up?

Comment

Where's Spartacus?
                      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X