• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immortality only 20 years away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    In 30 years we'll be able to flap our arms and fly to Mars in under a minute and eat three shredded wheats.
    countless Prawn Sandwiches. HTH
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/s...scientist.html

Scientist Ray Kurzweil claims humans could become immortal in as little as 20 years' time through nanotechnology and an increased understanding of how the body works.

Great! Destined to live forever as a doddering, decrepit old fart under an endless Labour government.
      Imagine a Gordon Brown that lived forever, what a terrific place Britain would be then

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Complete nonsense.

You're all Dooooomed, Doooomed, I tell ye.

Remember, Soylent Green is People.

And there's a very good reason for that.
        It isn`t going to happen successfully. Nothing is meant to last/live forever.
        Great, we can create the ultimate boom at bust cycle - with human lives.
        If populations grow as they are now, we`re doomed ultimately. If population growth continues AND nobody dies.....

Well it would be great for the Worldwide economy for a while....

Comment

That's typical that is. Wait until I will probably already have snuffed it and THEN they invent immortality.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
            Well it would be great for the Worldwide economy for a while....
            Think of all the demand for houses - boomed!

Comment

In 30 years we'll be able to flap our arms and fly to Mars in under a minute and eat three shredded wheats.
              Now you're getting into the world of fantasy.

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                Now you're getting into the world of fantasy.
                Yeah, how can you eat shredded wheat while flapping your arms?

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  It's interesting that The Sun got the scoop there rather than, say, Nature.
                  It's interesting that DimPrawn reads The Sun in the belief that it's a peer-reviewed scientific journal.

Comment

Working...
                  X