• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock market collapse in October

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.reuters.com/article/eurMk...38065820091030

I thang you!

<<Bows to the audience >>
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Hm........

2.3% drop on the month - not really a crash now is it?

Maybe we will let you have a ripple or a bump but not a crash

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        You're a cretin.
        HTH
        Youre a contradictary ignoramus.

I've made my money for this week, this thread and conversation is officially over. So go back to the geek hole that you crawled out of.
        Last edited by SantaClaus; 30 October 2009, 17:44.
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          Did someone say the stock market was going to rally and that technical analysis was rubbish? You guys should have just written me a cheque instead

I'm counting my winnings today. Very nice birthday present indeed
          Well done.

Was down to my last £30 playing fund yesterday, got to £220 today so not too bad.

On to November then!
          l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
            Youre a contradictary ignoramus.

I've made my money for this week, this thread and conversation is officially over. So go back to the geek hole that you crawled out of.
            I thought I was on your Ignore list?

You seem to want to shoot the messenger who's telling you that the whole foundation of what you believe in is tulip. I don't blame you really.

I'm glad you made some money this week - shame about the other 4 years.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Volume is interesting to watch. Yesterday was very light despite the rally. However, today it is a lot stronger. The volume is highest on the legs down too.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Doomed List :

Dollar
                America
                Civil Liberties

Did SC not say that finishing down on a Friday was a bad sign? How about finishing 250 points down? That must be a very bad sign, Shirley?

The fundamentals don't lie. How can GDP be up 3.5% and the yanks be out of recession with growing unemployment?

While all this fiat money is reinflating the dollar, other Countries are dumping it. Hedge funds are getting out of the dollar fast.

It's like a roller coaster, climbing up up up up up and then

down down down...

This mere 250 point blip is nothing. There is a long long long way to crash. And the landscape will seem very different.

I of course have no idea what I am talking about.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
                  Well done.

Was down to my last £30 playing fund yesterday, got to £220 today so not too bad.

On to November then!
                  My final word of friendly advice. If you are treating this as gambling, then fine, but if you see it as a business, then you are seriously under-funded.
                  • Trade only 1-2% of your account at any one time.
                  • Test your strategy over a series of 20 or 30 trades.
                  • Dont be affected by single wins or losses, even 5 wins/losses in a row. They are irrelevant.
                  • And as I've said before, but the idea has been dismissed by some sad geeks who are better of sticking to IT - read "Trading In the Zone" by Mark Douglas...at least three times.
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

That's odd, I thought our Walter Mitty friend had closed this thread and ordered the discussion closed.

I guess I must have imagined it.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
                      That's odd, I thought our Walter Mitty friend had closed this thread and ordered the discussion closed.

I guess I must have imagined it.
                      Which Walter Mitty would that be?

We've got a shed load.

Geddit.

Comment

Working...
                      X