• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stock market collapse in October

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not deluded... I'm fairly sure i'll lose!
    l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
      I'm not deluded... I'm fairly sure i'll lose!
      Me too. My "play" money extends to a few hundred quid only, it's all I'm prepared to lose.
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Fair enough.
        I am savvy enough to know that most people fool themselves though.

If your answers to the following question is positive, I guess you're one of the lucky 30%:

What sort of net profit have you actually made over 5 years?
        I have started being profitable and consistent this year. The last 4 years were my "education".

The fallout statistics you quote are correct, because most people aren't as stubborn and persistent as me But if you want something really bad, you will achieve it.

And no, I am not about to plaster my profits all over this forum. Hello Mr YouKnowWho (TM)

Oh yes, and there are a couple of good trading courses on the net. But they are incredibly hard to find as there is a lot of crap written by marketing gurus who have no idea how to trade. Just remember there is no holy grail. The holy grail is you!

And if you think Sasguru, that Mark Dogulas is pop psychology, then you really dont know what youre talking about.
        Last edited by SantaClaus; 29 October 2009, 11:11.
        'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
        Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
          I have started being profitable and consistent this year. The last 4 years were my "education".

The fallout statistics you quote are correct, because most people aren't as stubborn and persistent as me But if you want something really bad, you will achieve it.

And no, I am not about to plaster my profits all over this forum. Hello Mr YouKnowWho (TM)
          Aren't all spread-betting profits tax-free?
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

You certainly are special

So no profit for 4 years and (probably a random) profit in year 5.
            I rest my case

I seriously suggest you do a course in probability - OU does some good ones.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

[/SIZE]
              I am in the same boat. I have been losing money since last 4 years but I made profit this year But I understand that this year was execeptional
              and any fool could make money since the volatility was astounding

However I think in future I will stick to index trackers etf only since they are less risky .Even the biggest of the companies can fail as we have seen this year.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                You certainly are special

So no profit for 4 years and (probably a random) profit in year 5.
                I rest my case

I seriously suggest you do a course in probability - OU does some good ones.
                I can show consistent profit this year, because I applied good principals of risk management, psychology and risk to reward. The previous 4 years I made every mistake a trader could make, and I'm glad I did.

You really havent a clue. This conversation is over!
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

I can show consistent profit this year, because I applied good principals of risk management, psychology and risk to reward. The previous 4 years I made every mistake a trader could make, and I'm glad I did.

You really havent a clue. This conversation is over!
                  Bit defensive aren't we?
                  So you don't want to discuss the randomness of the market then?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    but I made profit this year But I understand that this year was execeptional
                    and any fool could make money since the volatility was astounding

I guess you're not aiming that at me
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

And if you think Sasguru, that Mark Dogulas is pop psychology, then you really dont know what youre talking about.
                      http://markdouglas.com/

Sorry my mistake, he's not a pop psychologist, but a snake-oil salesman.

Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X