• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Neighbour has totally flipped……

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighbour has totally flipped……

Friday evening I lopped some of a tree at the front of my house as requested by neighbour – Saturday morning she beats my door down insisting I immediately cleared up the mess left behind. Yep, three leaves and two twigs that must have got blown into the drive.

She then waffles on about the back garden trees stating she will remove the drainpipe from my house that overhangs into their drive if I do not remove all branches that are into their air space, despite this not being in anyone way, just doing what trees do. I was going to sort, but, not after this encounter!

She is clearly bonkers – reported the threat of damaging my house to the police.

Where can I get a hit man in Cheshire??

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Can't that mafia guy you had trouble with help out?
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

If you're looking for a hitman, try Salford.
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Legal helpline

Have a look at your house insurance policy and see if it includes a legal helpline

Comment

Originally posted by Unwitting Catalyst View Post
          Have a look at your house insurance policy and see if it includes a mental helpline
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If you find a hit man pm me his number - I've got a job for him in your area.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              If you find a hit man pm me his number - I've got a job for him in your area.

I see a plan B forming.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

I have always had problems with trees in my back garden(s). The most frequent complaint is usually neighbours complaining that leaves are falling on to there garden during Autumn.

Once some kids trespassed and swung on a branch that broke. The family threatened to sue.

Another time community support officer reported that I had a branch overhanging the pavement (it was but 15 feet up. The next day while I was working the city council using anti terrorism legislation (no court order) broke into to my house with a team of six people and changed the locks. Their excuse was that it was an emergency and they needed access to the back garden. (They could have used the back gate).

They left a letter pined to the front door saying that although the branch was not dangerous; it would be a good idea to cut it. PS you can pick the keys up for the new lock at the council offices between 8.30 am and 5.30pm. I was 7pm and I had to drive to my other house 50 miles away to bring tools to drill out their crap lock and find a new one.

Six months latter a new neighbour arrived (sublet Polish) and when I returned home all the trees in my garden were cut down including apple trees and cherry trees with a preservation order on them. CCTV showed the new Polish neighbour cutting down the trees. The Police tried to interview them but they suddenly lost their memory and could only speak Polish. The police could not find a polish translator and dropped the case.

On the plus side I have enough wood for the stove for the next twenty years.

I anyone wonders why I hate the f*c*i*g government and local authorities…..
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

A friend of mine living in Canada also had a problem with Polish Neighbours. This involved the area behind his house. Originaly, when he bought the house - and part of the reason why he bought it - was that the land was not to be developed.

Well after only three years the same builder began developing that area. And as builders do (in Canada) started without a planning permission - they've got the cities by the balls over there. Anyway, he and the neighbours got together and managed to get the builder and city to agree that a buffer zone of about 5m would be deemed a untouchable and anyone buying the property (as the builder had already laid out the plots and roads) would have to sign a covenant stating that they would not touch that zone.

Within a few months his neighbours - Polish - cut down the trees there and began using it as a vegtable garden. Nothing he could do. The covenant was unenforceble and as it was their land, they could do what they wished.

Councils are crap!
                  McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                  Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    ...The next day while I was working the city council using anti terrorism legislation (no court order) broke into to my house with a team of six people and changed the locks. Their excuse was that it was an emergency and they needed access to the back garden. (They could have used the back gate).
                    I anyone wonders why I hate the f*c*i*g government and local authorities…..
                    How did you know it was six people.

Say you know my wife is good at judicial reviews. This sounds just up her alley. I mean this was excessive and unecessary use of that Act. Weren't we warned about it.. Civil liberties, wooo hooo.

My neighbour behind me has some massive trees which overhang my garden, and my neighbours...and cause my Sky signal no end of problems. Does this mean I can complain to the Council and have his house broken into as well! Woo Hoo.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X