• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Neighbour has totally flipped……

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mailman_1 View Post
    Coz it say his name below the title?
    If it did, I never noticed

(and on the thread summary page it doesn't show the O/Ps name surely, once anyone has replied)
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      Another time community support officer reported that I had a branch overhanging the pavement (it was but 15 feet up. The next day while I was working the city council using anti terrorism legislation (no court order) broke into to my house with a team of six people and changed the locks. Their excuse was that it was an emergency and they needed access to the back garden. (They could have used the back gate).

They left a letter pined to the front door saying that although the branch was not dangerous; it would be a good idea to cut it. PS you can pick the keys up for the new lock at the council offices between 8.30 am and 5.30pm. I was 7pm and I had to drive to my other house 50 miles away to bring tools to drill out their crap lock and find a new one.
      That's an outrageous abuse of the legislation.

I had a long running battle with the Electricity Board over 20 years ago. They were threatening to get a warrant to read my meter and I was trying to wring a firm appointment out of them. They wanted me to lodge a key with them. Stuff that - I hadn't invested in high security door and window locks just to give my key away. Long story short - I lost a day's pay waiting for them to come, only to find that they had left a card without bothering to knock on the door.

But at least they were going to get a warrant...

(I ended up collaring an Electricity Board worker who was in the area and asked him to read the meter - problem solved that time around)
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
        If you're looking for a hitman, try Salford.
        Or Catford....but I hear that has gone to the dogs...
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          If it did, I never noticed

(and on the thread summary page it doesn't show the O/Ps name surely, once anyone has replied)
          Yes it does, just under each thread title
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

CCTV... Disputes with more than one set of neighbours... Complaints from government/local authority staff...

Feels like there is more to all this

Comment

How is it one can always tell a Wilmslow post just by the thread title?

Good, aren't they?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

<canned laughter>

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                  Where can I get a hit man in Cheshire??
                  I think Pete Waterman lives near Warrington

HTH
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

How is it one can always tell a Wilmslow post just by the thread title?
                    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Good, aren't they?
                    SAS, you must be so proud.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                      Another time community support officer reported that I had a branch overhanging the pavement (it was but 15 feet up. The next day while I was working the city council using anti terrorism legislation (no court order) broke into to my house with a team of six people and changed the locks. Their excuse was that it was an emergency and they needed access to the back garden. (They could have used the back gate).
                      I am truly shocked by that tale. Disgraceful misuse of powers. The council concerned needs a severe .

Comment

Working...
                      X