• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

bicycle tax disc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even better...and would keep the tourists well-behaved...

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    they'd make a fortune with a troll in Hyde park...

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      People driving big 4x4s (especially newer ones) aren't really discouraged by high road and fuel taxes so it's really just a cynical exercise in grabbing cash for the government and allowing people who like to sneer at people in Range Rovers to maintain an illusion that something's being done.
      If they only increased the prices on such cars then I guess you can see it that way. But lowering or nullifying tax completely on small modern cars is a great move and I think the average person would be interested in choosing a car with lower tax given a choice between otherwise similar models.

"pollution" does not equal "emissions" alone.
      I'm not saying we shouldn't be more responsible - just that the government isn't serious about this - they haven't taken the really radical and unpopular steps that they'd need to if they were. They are just playing at it.
      Yeah, much better to do nothing until you can implement a perfect solution in one go. Maybe in the Tory utopia ushered in next year we'll see such idealism come to pass
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        But lowering or nullifying tax completely on small modern cars is a great move and I think the average person would be interested in choosing a car with lower tax given a choice between otherwise similar models.

Yeah, much better to do nothing until you can implement a perfect solution in one go. Maybe in the Tory utopia ushered in next year we'll see such idealism come to pass
        Encouraging people to buy more new stuff is wasteful and misleading and will not save the planet. As for your ridiculous straw man - I didn't advocate doing nothing. I said the government were doing too little of the wrong things - and I expect the Tories will be the same.

Comment

Working...
        X