• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

bicycle tax disc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, an efficient modern car can be exempt from tax due to low emissions. But bikes need to be taxed for the high amount of wear they cause the roads?

I love how this is being considered as part of a scheme to get more people cycling rather than driving.

EDIT: a tax stupidity we can't blame Labour for, Cyberman would have some comment about the Scots no doubt.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I must admit I do sometimes marvel at the freedom you have with bikes.
      Forgive my old boy, but you seem to marvel at any kind of freedom we are still allowed.

Smoking, drinking, riding bikes, pedestrianism! Someone in government should ban these evils!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

absolutely ludicrous!

so much for pushing green initiatives to reduce carbon emissions

it amazes me how they can release this garbage and keep a straight face,

wonder if a unicyclist would get a discount?

if it was'nt so laughable it would be sinister!

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          Forgive my old boy, but you seem to marvel at any kind of freedom we are still allowed.

Smoking, drinking, riding bikes, pedestrianism! Someone in government should ban these evils!
          Let alone the freedom to post on cuk.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Let alone the freedom to post on cuk.
            I think Lord Mandelson is addressing that one.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Are roller-skates exempt?

Comment

Depends if they are of the in-line type, they'd make a fortune with a toll in Hyde park...
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Depends if they are of the in-line type, they'd make a fortune with a toll in Hyde park...
                  And the barstewards frighten the horses
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                    I'm sure a pedestrian tax is somewhere on the New Labour agenda.

PC Plod: "are those shoes taxed and insured Sir?"
                    In the late nineties it was proposed by Labour to charge pedestrians for using city centre shopping streets. They were going to experiment with Oxford Street.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

the latest is a tax on tax.

labour are proposing tax brackets where the higher your tax band the more you tax tax you need to pay.

the tories are doing the same only the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                      X