• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Computer People

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a gig through them in 2006 - good agency, very professional. I suppose it varies from pimp to pimp but I had a good experience with them.
    A bad workman blames his fools

EDIT: *tools

stupid keyboard.

http://twitter.com/TheAnonTechGuy

Comment

Shocking Agency to work with.
      Avoid them at all costs.

In the last 12 months they have:
      Screwed up an extension offer:
      Contributed to the rate reductions within Edinburgh.
      (apparantly requisitioned by an Edinburgh Major player to some analysis on contractor market, and recomended rate reductions).
      Screwed up timesheets/invoices for payment on 3 occasions.
      And have a cutomer service dept in Keele who are totally inadequte.

They have preferred supplier relationships with major players in Edinburgh under several disguises hence theere is no relationship with Contractors.
      Their interests are to maintain relationship with Clients.

They keep sending me feedback forms, which I have no intending filling in till im with somebody else.

Company Sucks, go direct or ask HR if you can go through another agency.

Comment

Every major player in Edinburgh dropped their rates at the start of the year and that was a coordinated decision by the clients (I have had that confirmed) and nothing to do with Computer People.

I got told my extension would mean a rate cut and I walked, I'm just about to go back for the original rate.

You cannot blame an agency for wanting to keep being the preferred supplier for a major financial more than wanting to keep individual contractors happy.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Every major player in Edinburgh dropped their rates at the start of the year and that was a coordinated decision by the clients (I have had that confirmed) and nothing to do with Computer People.

I got told my extension would mean a rate cut and I walked, I'm just about to go back for the original rate.

You cannot blame an agency for wanting to keep being the preferred supplier for a major financial more than wanting to keep individual contractors happy.
          That took real guts to decline the rate cut and walk - well done .

Looking at todays press I see that our Captains of Industry have had no qualms awarindg themselves a hefty 10 per cent pay increase - crises what crises ?

Nearly a quarter of FTSE chief executives received total 2008 pay packages worth more than £5m, and 22 directors now have basic salaries of more than £1m.

The highest paid boss last year was Bart Becht, chief executive of Reckitt Benckiser, who received £36.8m in pay, bonuses, perks and share incentive schemes.

Brendan Barber, general secretary of the TUC, said: "The recession has done nothing to stop the gap between top directors and the rest of their staff getting wider every year.

"It is even more offensive when the Institute of Directors has called for spending cuts that would hit pensioners, the poor and low-paid public sector staff.

"We've already had the 1980s-style recession, it looks depressingly like we are going back to 1980s greed-is-good politics too."

The executive pay survey was released three days after a separate report which said the pensions of top company directors have increased by more than 23 per cent since last year to almost £250,000 a year.

Analysis of pension arrangements for 373 directors from 103 companies by the TUC found that leading executives have amassed pension pots worth an average of £3.4 million, providing an annual pension of £247,785 a year each.

The highest paid directors in each company had pensions worth £333,664 a year, while a small number of bosses would receive more than £1 million a year, said the union organisation
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 14 September 2009, 12:58.

Comment

There you have it. Worst ever and best thing since sliced bread. Several yonks ago, they used to do stuff like holiday and sick pay deals and therefore had high margins. Do they still do that?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
            X