• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Q car - badge snobs need not apply

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously with the ridiculous stickers taken off:
    http://www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk/imag...3_022PFT14.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I love Q cars. Unobtrusive cars that no one gives a second look to (and hence good for London*), yet bring a grin to your face when you drive them.
      2 very good ones I have driven are the Mazda 6 MPS and Skoda Fabia vRs.

Anyone got another others?

* Also good for contractors who want to keep a low profile
      Surprised to see the little Furby vRS getting a mention as a "Q" car. I have one of the blue Ltd edition ones and it is indeed a very nice little run around type motor. I fancy one of the Ltd edition Octy vRS's too, but I'm not biting.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        Used to drive a VW Corrado G60.....

Didn't look too brash.... burbled along quietly and without fuss - but could destroy most boy racers.....

Although now I think about it....
        Door locks were tulip - The mechanism was a tulipy bit of cast aluminium with the "sticky out bit" (technical term) attached to the main body with about 4 sq mm surface area..... which broke off every few months.... meaning the 'kin door handle didn't work (you had to hold the remote locking button down for abot 10 seconds - which opened the windows so you could lean in and use the interior handle)
        Exhaust Heat Shield "thingy" welded on with very brittle bits - which got even more brittle when they got hot (which was pretty well any time you drove for more than 20 minutes) and fractured - resulting in a god awful 'kin noise similar to a pneumatic drill on the lid of an oil drum.....
        Very expensive bits - even though they were "almost" identical to standard VW bits.....
        Only room for two dwarves in the back....

On balance - I know why I got rid of the useless expensive pile of pap!

Some years ago I had the VR6 version of the Corrado in a really nice deep metallic blue, I had none of the issues you suffered from. Great car, but not ideal for commuting to and from Leeds city centre which I was doing at the time. I'm not sure I'd have called it especially understated although I suppose it wasn't brash.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Subaru Forester 2.5 XTEn?

Ugly as a bulldog sucking a wasp. Practical SUV-lite body. Full leather and all the toys - cruise, satnav, tiptronic, all electric everythings.

On the other hand

0-100 in 15 seconds. 145 mph. Permanent 4WD, limited slip rear diff, variable centre diff; basically an Impreza on Safari Rally settings. Corners on rails, unless you turn the ESR off and hang out the tail on roundabouts.

And nobody knows what the hell it is....

Yes I like this one. Quite pricey though.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Yes I like this one. Quite pricey though.
            Get a two year old one with a service history (they've stopped making the quick one anyway, now they have the new one out). Scoobies don't go wrong. Mine was new in 2007, worth around £15k now.

Or if you're really serious, look for an imported STi version - although they are a bit more lairy in the looks department
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
              Surprised to see the little Furby vRS getting a mention as a "Q" car. .
              When I drove it, I found mid-range torque on the Furby to be a hoot. The engine is slightly too big for the car I think, and sharp cornering can catch out the unwary/unskilled, as the brakes and chassis are not up to it.
              All of which makes it great fun.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
              X