• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best Q car - badge snobs need not apply

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    what sort of bit rate are you getting with your sling box? How is the picture?
    I have a box and catcher. Picture gets a bit pixely, especially with sports and stuff.
    well, right now the picture quality is very watchable but not much better than youtube, however, that's most likely as I'm using a Vodafone USB dongle. The slingcatcher is for gf chef's apartment as it's a much cheaper short term fix than building a media center or installing freesat.
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Cosworth 4x4 Sapphire
      ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

BMW M3 ... does it all ...wish I'd kept mine ...

Comment

Got to be the Royal Nail van
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Vahauxhall Corsa 1.7CDTI Combi Van!

Was basically a 1.7 turbo diesel engine, 2 seats, a plank of wood and a shell made of tin foil. I used to burn off tons of chavs, even managed to launch myself into the air whilst exiting a roundabout with a nasty camber, awesome stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
              Triumpth TR4...
              Nice motor but hardly unobtrusive.
              I had a Passat VR6 gl estate - great for embarrassing barrow boys in their 3 series chav mobiles. Mate of a mate had a modified cavalier turbo which he had rebadged as a base model diesel

Comment

Silver (like many thousands on the road) Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Zetec hatchback. Thoroughly anonymous, excellent long range cruiser, loads of grunt, great brakes and steering, very comfortable and doesn't cost much to insure or fuel. Never regretted owning it.

Got a Slingbox myself, hooked up to my Sky+ box very watchable quality, displays at 23 fps with a bitrate in the 400kbps region on my wireless laptop. Very worthwhile investment in my opinion.
                Last edited by TykeMerc; 10 September 2009, 17:22.

Comment

Chevette HS

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I love Q cars. Unobtrusive cars that no one gives a second look to (and hence good for London*), yet bring a grin to your face when you drive them.
                    2 very good ones I have driven are the Mazda 6 MPS and Skoda Fabia vRs.

Anyone got another others?

* Also good for contractors who want to keep a low profile
                    Why the **** would you want to keep a low profile?

I love my 3 series convertible! And I dont give a **** what anyone else thinks!
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

VW Phaeton W12
                      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                      X