• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cat gone awol

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well still no sign of him and its nearly 10 days , I've looked as much as I can now. He wasn't a cat to go wandering always back for breakfast regular as clock work, I've moved about a bit and no problems, I've put signs up, posted flyers throws doors and nothing not even a sighting. Something defo has happened he would usually returned by 7am for breakfast, on the day he went missing I let him out at 1am so must of been between those times. Ahh well will put his bowl and bed away end of the week. , not getting another one after this gold fish for me Not giving up hope though but my cat wasn't bright so I have hope but not much.
    Last edited by Bumfluff; 8 September 2009, 20:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
      Well still no sign of him and its nearly 10 days , I've looked as much as I can now. He wasn't a cat to go wandering always back for breakfast regular as clock work, I've moved about a bit and no problems, something defo has happened, he usually returned by 7am and I let him out at 1am so between those times. Ahh well will put his bowl and bed away end of the week. , not getting another one after this gold fish for me
      That's terribly sad.

That's the problem with cats (and dogs), for all the time you enjoy their company, you have to spend time grieving for them when they're gone.

Bogey Towers is a bit of menagerie, so that cycle has been part of our lives for ages. You never get used to losing them though.

I couldn't see myself grieving very long for a goldfish however.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
        Well still no sign of him and its nearly 10 days , I've looked as much as I can now. He wasn't a cat to go wandering always back for breakfast regular as clock work, I've moved about a bit and no problems, I've put signs up, posted flyers throws doors and nothing not even a sighting. Something defo has happened he would usually returned by 7am for breakfast, on the day he went missing I let him out at 1am so must of been between those times. Ahh well will put his bowl and bed away end of the week. , not getting another one after this gold fish for me Not giving up hope though but my cat wasn't bright so I have hope but not much.
        The missus says :

Have you tried ringing the vets and or local rescue centres?
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Don't give up yet Bumfluff. Have you checked the rescue centres again? Even if he's chipped they may not have been able to read it (the chips can move apparently)
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            The missus says :

Have you tried ringing the vets and or local rescue centres?
            Also have you sent in photos to the local cats protection, where they can stick it on their website.
            I used to volunteer with them and more often than not any cat advertised as lost on the website was found.

It could be that somone has seen them around and thought that they were a stray and taken them in. (very common)

Don't give up, it's only been 10 days and he/she could be stuck in someone's garage whilst they're on hols. Try doing the rounds again this weekend.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I would interview staff at the local chinese.

Comment

Working...
              X