• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Cat gone awol

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Cat gone awol"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I would interview staff at the local chinese.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    The missus says :

Have you tried ringing the vets and or local rescue centres?
    Also have you sent in photos to the local cats protection, where they can stick it on their website.
    I used to volunteer with them and more often than not any cat advertised as lost on the website was found.

It could be that somone has seen them around and thought that they were a stray and taken them in. (very common)

Don't give up, it's only been 10 days and he/she could be stuck in someone's garage whilst they're on hols. Try doing the rounds again this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Don't give up yet Bumfluff. Have you checked the rescue centres again? Even if he's chipped they may not have been able to read it (the chips can move apparently)

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    Well still no sign of him and its nearly 10 days , I've looked as much as I can now. He wasn't a cat to go wandering always back for breakfast regular as clock work, I've moved about a bit and no problems, I've put signs up, posted flyers throws doors and nothing not even a sighting. Something defo has happened he would usually returned by 7am for breakfast, on the day he went missing I let him out at 1am so must of been between those times. Ahh well will put his bowl and bed away end of the week. , not getting another one after this gold fish for me Not giving up hope though but my cat wasn't bright so I have hope but not much.
    The missus says :

Have you tried ringing the vets and or local rescue centres?

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    Well still no sign of him and its nearly 10 days , I've looked as much as I can now. He wasn't a cat to go wandering always back for breakfast regular as clock work, I've moved about a bit and no problems, something defo has happened, he usually returned by 7am and I let him out at 1am so between those times. Ahh well will put his bowl and bed away end of the week. , not getting another one after this gold fish for me
    That's terribly sad.

That's the problem with cats (and dogs), for all the time you enjoy their company, you have to spend time grieving for them when they're gone.

Bogey Towers is a bit of menagerie, so that cycle has been part of our lives for ages. You never get used to losing them though.

I couldn't see myself grieving very long for a goldfish however.

Leave a comment:

• Bumfluff
    replied
    Well still no sign of him and its nearly 10 days , I've looked as much as I can now. He wasn't a cat to go wandering always back for breakfast regular as clock work, I've moved about a bit and no problems, I've put signs up, posted flyers throws doors and nothing not even a sighting. Something defo has happened he would usually returned by 7am for breakfast, on the day he went missing I let him out at 1am so must of been between those times. Ahh well will put his bowl and bed away end of the week. , not getting another one after this gold fish for me Not giving up hope though but my cat wasn't bright so I have hope but not much.
    Last edited by Bumfluff; 8 September 2009, 20:15.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Much like children then.
    yes, if your children are furry, moult, and like to tulipe in your rose bushes

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    I know!
    We adopted two kittens earlier on this year from the RSPCA - £45 each and vouchesr for £25 towards neutering.

They are noisy destructive grubby little buggers and we adore them
    Much like children then.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Just get another - they are not expensive you know!
    I know!
    We adopted two kittens earlier on this year from the RSPCA - £45 each and vouchesr for £25 towards neutering.

They are noisy destructive grubby little buggers and we adore them

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Just get another - they are not expensive you know!
    Mine were and I love them anyway. Lost one (the thick one) for a day or so and resisted the temptation of doing an insurance job.

When I eventually found him trapped in a garden, he was so pathetically pleased to see me that I got followed everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Whilst working away from home for a week a month ago the wife told me on Wednesday that she hadn't seen the cat since monday.
    Thursday still no sign of it
    Nor Friday when I called her on the way home.

When I did eventually get back home, I opened the car door to get out and there was the cat meowing at me

I have a feeling that with the car not being there he thought we had both gone away for the week and so hadn't bothered hanging round the house.

Of course, I told the mrs that the cat obviously just doesn't like her

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    My sister had cat locked in garage of mad lady next door. she could hear it miowing : but neighbour hesitant to check! Finally common sense prevailed.

The very best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Cats are well known for trekking miles and miles to get home, they can feed themselves, and seem to have a sort of built-in GPS.

Cat Nav

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Don't give up hope.

Some friends of mine had a young female cat who went missing for five months.

They'd pretty much given up hope of ever seeing her again, then five months later she pops in through the cat flap as though nothing untoward had happened. Very thin, very hungry and glad to be home.

Theory is that some neighbours had a removal van parked outside the day she disappeared (moving to somewhere about 200 miles away) and the cat stowed away.

Cats are well known for trekking miles and miles to get home, they can feed themselves, and seem to have a sort of built-in GPS.

Get neighbours to check garages and sheds too.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Been eaten by some GM crops I reckon. Sneeky creatures them GM crops.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X