• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flipwit meeting requests

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flipwit meeting requests

I've been invited to a "Brown Bag Lunch" meeting.

What the flip is one of those??

Anyone got any other silly ones to share.

No idea.. but if you see any chutney spoons, run...
    In case of emergency, break dance.

Comment

Its where you get a brown bag on your head and rogered

Comment

Isn't just a way to hide the fact you're giving up your lunch break? Trying to make it sound exciting you are allowed to eat during a meeting...
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Turn up with a really smelly curry.

And yes, it is just a way of getting you to skip your lunch break. Can I ask, is it an agile shop?
          Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
            Turn up with a really smelly curry.

Can I ask, is it an agile shop?
            Something to do with Java Somethingorother.

I'm not that bothered really.

I like the curry tip, but I'll take a Bombay Bad Boy with me instead and sit at the back.

Comment

Sit at the back with your bad boy in your hands?

More a Friday comment, sorry
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

As a contractor, you should spurn the invitation.

Things like 'brown bag meetings' or worse 'town hall meetings' are for permie slaves working in American (or at least Americanized) cube farms.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

when kids peed themselves at our school they had to carry their pants home in a brown bag, running the gauntlet. Could it be something to do with that?

Comment

It's for some on-the-bench (i.e. not billing) permie to show off something they've spent the last six days...weeks...months researching. Usually on technologies that their employer will never ever use. Presentation usually done at lunch time where you would bring your lunch in a 'brown bag' - another stoopid Americanism.

If the number of brown bag sessions is quite high, it's time to check for brown trousers.

Comment

Working...
                    X