• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spread Betting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
    The book is already written: Spread Betting the Forex Markets: An Expert Guide to Spread Betting the Foreign Exchange Markets: Amazon.co.uk: David Jones: Books

I went to one of his seminars and he was giving out a few copies randomly. The guy next to me was all "Me! Me! Me!" so I was handed the free copy as he probably guessed he'd be paying for his own one as soon as he got home.
    The only thing I would say is David Jones works as an analyst for IG Index. The section on support and resistance might be useful I guess, but I look to fade trade calls from analysts such as himself.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      SC, the answers were meant to shock - probably to shock me as well as you. I'm trying to show that I am one step higher now in terms of my learning cycle, in that I have identified my weaknesses and am working on them (or at least trying to) .

I have blown my account several times over the years, and it has been a very expensive lesson for me to learn. My single biggest daily loss is in the region of £40k. I have traded shares, CFDs, Covered Warrants and now SB. My knowledge of the markets is up to date and I keep an keen eye on news and macro events. But clearly I have a weakness in my trading.

I also think I aim high, too high. I can take a sum and multiply it several times over by highly leveraged trading, but then blow it on one bad trade. I need to learn to settle for a lower risk, more realistic return. Do you have a target return each week/month/year? Or do you just trade to win and the amount is not of consequence?

I am interested in knowing how you re-programmed yourself. Would you be so kind as to share?

Your notes are great - thanks for taking the time out.
      40K in one day? <Gulp> Now that would spoil my day!
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        .....My single biggest daily loss is in the region of £40k.....
        Is that all!

...amateur

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Any calls for the following week? Long, short, do nothing?

Fiscal cliff looming. Obama win isn't great for stocks. etc etc. Charts looking ominous like they did just before the big crash of 1987.

What to do?

Comment

Whatever you do don't risk any more than 2% of your account!

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Whatever you do don't risk any more than 2% of your account!
              Or just get 50 accounts with equal money if you can't resist going all in ...

Comment

Working...
              X