• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New pint of milk

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love shopping for milk. So much more fun than shopping for shoes or handbags.

As Mich said, buy from a farm shop as they don't cream too much off the top.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

You can get it for free off my elderly neighbours doorstep at 3.00AM - cos that is the time the b*s*ard 2 jobs milkman makes the drop and wakes the whole street up - just because the old boy wont move with the times and download it off the internet like the rest of us.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
        Hi all, I'm going to be shopping for a new pint of milk this evening, hopefully 1 litre Semi Skimmed, how much should I be expecting to pay? any help on where is best to get such an item?

cheers

Chef
        have you got a fridge to put it in though?

Comment

Originally posted by DS23 View Post
          have you got a fridge to put it in though?
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

My milk comes in pints and is delivered three mornings a week. I have no idea how much it costs
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              My milk comes in pints and is delivered three mornings a week. I have no idea how much it costs
              I often hear people moaning about the price of basic foodstuffs like milk, butter, flour, white truffles, sliced bread etc and I have no idea what they're complaining about. Even though I regularly do the shopping I have no idea what these things cost. It's what keeps me contracting in IT; the fear that if I did some other kind of work I might have to take note of the prices of things before buying them.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I often hear people moaning about the price of basic foodstuffs like milk, butter, flour, white truffles, sliced bread etc and I have no idea what they're complaining about. Even though I regularly do the shopping I have no idea what these things cost. It's what keeps me contracting in IT; the fear that if I did some other kind of work I might have to take note of the prices of things before buying them.
                During my bench time last year we stopped and looked at what we were spending and it was scary. Well over £100 on the food shopping every week for thrree of us. We cut that down by almost half and kept it that way even after I was back in work.

Lots of other stuff we were spending money on where we didnt really need to or could get the same for less. Ended up saving almost £500 a month just by cutting out the wastage.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                X