• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: New pint of milk

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New pint of milk"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I often hear people moaning about the price of basic foodstuffs like milk, butter, flour, white truffles, sliced bread etc and I have no idea what they're complaining about. Even though I regularly do the shopping I have no idea what these things cost. It's what keeps me contracting in IT; the fear that if I did some other kind of work I might have to take note of the prices of things before buying them.
    During my bench time last year we stopped and looked at what we were spending and it was scary. Well over £100 on the food shopping every week for thrree of us. We cut that down by almost half and kept it that way even after I was back in work.

Lots of other stuff we were spending money on where we didnt really need to or could get the same for less. Ended up saving almost £500 a month just by cutting out the wastage.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    My milk comes in pints and is delivered three mornings a week. I have no idea how much it costs
    I often hear people moaning about the price of basic foodstuffs like milk, butter, flour, white truffles, sliced bread etc and I have no idea what they're complaining about. Even though I regularly do the shopping I have no idea what these things cost. It's what keeps me contracting in IT; the fear that if I did some other kind of work I might have to take note of the prices of things before buying them.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    My milk comes in pints and is delivered three mornings a week. I have no idea how much it costs

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
    have you got a fridge to put it in though?

Leave a comment:

• DS23
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    Hi all, I'm going to be shopping for a new pint of milk this evening, hopefully 1 litre Semi Skimmed, how much should I be expecting to pay? any help on where is best to get such an item?

cheers

Chef
    have you got a fridge to put it in though?

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    You can get it for free off my elderly neighbours doorstep at 3.00AM - cos that is the time the b*s*ard 2 jobs milkman makes the drop and wakes the whole street up - just because the old boy wont move with the times and download it off the internet like the rest of us.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I love shopping for milk. So much more fun than shopping for shoes or handbags.

As Mich said, buy from a farm shop as they don't cream too much off the top.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    I'm going to be shopping for a new pint of milk this evening, hopefully 1 litre Semi Skimmed
    Is the litre the new pint this season?

Can you put that in writing for when I go to the pub, please?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Buy it at your local farm shop. Farmers are being driven to the wall by supermarkets who pay less than cost price for milk.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Hi all,

I'm going to be shopping for a new pint of milk this evening, hopefully 1 litre Semi Skimmed, how much should I be expecting to pay? any help on where is best to get such an item?

cheers

Chef

p.s I've been quoted a quid by a tramp outside the off-licence but as he stank of p!ss and had no teeth I was unsure whether to trust him.
    Jersey Gold Top or human lacto...

Leave a comment:

• Clarky
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Sainsburies have introduced a new colour milk - not the mil itself, but the label.

Blue for full fat
    , green for semi skimmed
    , red for skimmed
    ....then there's this new wierd orange tulipe.

What's that about?!!
    Sunderland thing? *ducks for cover...*

They used to have orange in Canada, it was 1% I think.... so maybe "more semi-skimmed but not quite white water (yuk!)"

Leave a comment:

• PorkPie
    replied
    What's got into you lot today?

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    Sainsburies have introduced a new colour milk - not the mil itself, but the label.

Blue for full fat
    , green for semi skimmed
    , red for skimmed

What's that about?!!
    Err, it's the same as everywhere else except for orange.

Orange is probably homogenised full fat.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied

Blue for full fat
    , green for semi skimmed
    , red for skimmed

What's that about?!!

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Have a pork pie.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X