• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I think we have a ghost!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special Branch do things like that to see how you react.

If you pick up your handset at home you can do their heads in by talking to them.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      Special Branch do things like that to see how you react.
      So does Ming the merciless. If these things are accepted as a natural phenomenon then the Earth will be left alone, but if the hand of Ming is recognised.........
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

The world is often wierd. Every single morning when I wake up I can hear it pouring with rain then I look out the window and it isn't. It always sounds as if it is pouring with rain just at that precise place in the house. Checked tanks, electric meters, everything to try and find where the noise is coming from. Not a clue.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          The world is often wierd. Every single morning when I wake up I can hear it pouring with rain then I look out the window and it isn't. It always sounds as if it is pouring with rain just at that precise place in the house. Checked tanks, electric meters, everything to try and find where the noise is coming from. Not a clue.
          Tinnitus?
          Me, me, me...

Comment

is it when you're sleepy and the spot right where you take a pee?
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

We had a ghost but it appears to have passed through - either to the other side or to some other house I guess. All she (my dad saw her when he stayed round) did was knock a couple of teddies around in my daughter's room. When my daughter was younger and in a different room she used to cry A LOT - our theory was that she was scared by the ghost.

My dad however swears that he didn't feel anything bad around this ghost, i.e. she was very calm, appearing out of a stardust effect and walking up to the bedroom door, peering in and then wondering off down the hallway.

Comment

I can pee in my ears from a normal sleeping position? I wish.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I can pee in my ears from a normal sleeping position? I wish.
                  umm I was thinking more along the lines that you are half asleep/awake, get up goto the bathroom, hear yourself peeing, go back to bed and your brain tells you that you heard [the peeing] while in bed. Either that or your real name's is HAB.
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

A robot hoover - do those things actually work?
                    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
                      A few months ago, there were a series of freaky remote control "incidents" in my house.

My hubby was workign away, and a few times I got home from work to find the remote controls alligned on the sofa. Not something I ever do.

I let my sensible brain ignore it.

:::

Maybe there's a family of illegal immigrants living in youir attic.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X