• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I think we have a ghost!!"

Collapse

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Years ago I knew of a woman who claimed that her house had a ghost. Similar stuff e.g. things being arranged, or moved. She ended up being diagnosed with some sort of mental disorder. One of those multi-personality things; it was her doing it in one of her ‘states’ then forgetting about it. There wasn’t any doubt about it, her husband and mother has independently found her doing it.

With that in mind I go worried when I was living in the Caribbean as I felt that the condo we rented, for a while before we bought a place on the same complex, had a ‘presence’. I’d see a dark shadow out the corner of my eye and it’ll be gone when I looked, etc. What was most annoying was it would muck around with the controller for the air conditioning i.e. turn it up or down. The ex-mrs HAB ‘claimed’ that she hadn’t touched it, and I ‘thought’ I hadn’t, but it would still change.

When we joked about it with the ‘church lady’ manager and she went into a bit of a state and recommended that we went to see the pastor of her church. I also had to promise to never say a word to the cleaner as she would be too scared to enter the place. The reaction of the religious nutters was scarier than having a ghost or developing a mental health problem.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    A few months ago, there were a series of freaky remote control "incidents" in my house.

My hubby was workign away, and a few times I got home from work to find the remote controls alligned on the sofa. Not something I ever do.

I let my sensible brain ignore it.

:::

Maybe there's a family of illegal immigrants living in youir attic.

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    A robot hoover - do those things actually work?

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    I can pee in my ears from a normal sleeping position? I wish.
    umm I was thinking more along the lines that you are half asleep/awake, get up goto the bathroom, hear yourself peeing, go back to bed and your brain tells you that you heard [the peeing] while in bed. Either that or your real name's is HAB.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I can pee in my ears from a normal sleeping position? I wish.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    We had a ghost but it appears to have passed through - either to the other side or to some other house I guess. All she (my dad saw her when he stayed round) did was knock a couple of teddies around in my daughter's room. When my daughter was younger and in a different room she used to cry A LOT - our theory was that she was scared by the ghost.

My dad however swears that he didn't feel anything bad around this ghost, i.e. she was very calm, appearing out of a stardust effect and walking up to the bedroom door, peering in and then wondering off down the hallway.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    The world is often wierd. Every single morning when I wake up I can hear it pouring with rain then I look out the window and it isn't. It always sounds as if it is pouring with rain just at that precise place in the house. Checked tanks, electric meters, everything to try and find where the noise is coming from. Not a clue.
    is it when you're sleepy and the spot right where you take a pee?

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    The world is often wierd. Every single morning when I wake up I can hear it pouring with rain then I look out the window and it isn't. It always sounds as if it is pouring with rain just at that precise place in the house. Checked tanks, electric meters, everything to try and find where the noise is coming from. Not a clue.
    Tinnitus?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Special Branch do things like that to see how you react.
    So does Ming the merciless. If these things are accepted as a natural phenomenon then the Earth will be left alone, but if the hand of Ming is recognised.........

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Special Branch do things like that to see how you react.

If you pick up your handset at home you can do their heads in by talking to them.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post

Our house has been boiling lately too...not sure if it's connected!
    Ah your cleaner is female and doesn't understand thermostats

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I've economised during the recession by "letting go" of the butler.
    Have you made any other economies?

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Don't worry - it likes you and is trying to help out, while being OCD at the same time (which is no bad thing in a ghost - at least he* won't throw things around and break them)

*that my bet...
    Ah brilliant!!!! An OCD ghost!!!! He could be really useful!!

Our house has been boiling lately too...not sure if it's connected!

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Get your butler to sack

HTH
    I've economised during the recession by "letting go" of the butler.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X