• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unhijacked Jobstats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simples.

Only threads directly relating to IT contracting in General. Any deviation on a thread and posts are deleted. To much deviation and the thread is locked.

Too many offences and you are banned.

All other content in LR.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      Simples.

Only threads directly relating to IT contracting in General. Any deviation on a thread and posts are deleted. To much deviation and the thread is locked.

Too many offences and you are banned.

All other content in LR.
      I'm guessing this isn't a serious post, but how many posts relating to contracting aren't going to be covered in Business, Accounting or Technical?
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        WHS
        More like remove all post counts. Level playing field, with posters gaining respect for their actual views as opposed to having 10,000 meaningless posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          What variety?
          Its the same jokes everytime
          Only by the same people.

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
          The problem is some people dont know when to stop.
          The first party in a newbie thread was pant wettingly funny. Subsequent attempts to recapture that are bound to fail, but some will try and repeat the moment in every thread started by a newbie.
          Hmm. Point taken.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Only threads directly relating to IT contracting in General.
            That's actually stricter than the supposed remit of General:
            General issues affecting and of interest to contractors.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
              Be careful what you wish for. Contracting and its finances is as dull as ditchwater. Everything that needs to be said or can be said does get said every 4 weeks at most.

However, there is one very effective way of moving the gibber away from General. Put the post counts back in Light Relief. Then the focus will move away from General.

Then General can revert to what it was a year or two ago: a very nasty, hostile place full of venom and bile. But, no humour.
              I can't believe you are all so bothered about post counts! I am shocked that it is actually an issue for any of you.

So the bullying that I see in General is humourous and without venom?

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                More like remove all post counts. Level playing field, with posters gaining respect for their actual views as opposed to having 10,000 meaningless posts.
                Now there is an idea.

A lot of what is called humour on the board, was funny the first time.

The board is dominated by a few and that keeps a lot of folk away.

I know a number of 'tractors who think that this is just a fishtank for Daily Mail readers........
                Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

I concur
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

If you want my honest opinion about the 'bullying'... some of it is from the 'school of hard knocks' and people should lighten up a little, some is a justified rebuttal or response to blatant sockpuppetry, but some of it comes from 'veteran' posters who are clearly beyond reproach, and get away with all sorts of tiring, boring, repetitive carp... day after day.

Feel free to lump me into that last category if you wish, but I'm sure you know who I mean.

Comment

Or alternatively, my suggestion of over a year ago:
                      Let's face it, the only possible reason for displaying post count is to imply that somebody with a high post count has contributed something of value to the community. We know very well that this is not the case.

Therefore, posts in each individual forum (General, Technical, etc) should show only the member's post count for that forum.

After all somebody who's posted a lot in, say, B/C probably has something useful to say on the subject at hand, and their high B/C post count would show that they have contributed.

Conversely, somebody who's posted almost nothing but abuse of immigrants and inane ranting about BTL in General, or indeed somebody who's posted a lot of drivel in LR (like me), shouldn't have a spurious credibility conferred on them when they post in a different area.

Post count by category is the only way post count can have any actual value.

Comment

Working...
                      X