• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview Tomorrow - bag dilema!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
    But then again, 3.5 hours each way - I'll be bored out of my mind if I dont have toys to play with!

What do yous think?
    Take your Rabbit in a small handbag.

Sorted.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Does Kings Cross have that?

I thought they'd all closed cause of bomb scares?
      They do, but it costs more these days. Think it's £5 or £6 for the day per item.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        They do, but it costs more these days. Think it's £5 or £6 for the day per item.
        £8 at Euston - we used the left luggage there the other week.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Yeah because if you're intent on blowing up the place the extra couple of quid will really put you off

Comment

Why not leave your bag at reception / security?
            Me, me, me...

Comment

So I've got an interview in that London tomorrow....3.5 hours on various trains to get to it.

My dilema is....do I take a massive bag filled with train time-comsuming products like laptop, book, mags, knitting, chargers, etc.

Or do I travel light so that when I breeze into the interview, I look nice and fresh.

I just think a big bag jam packed with stuff would somehow look a tad unprofessional?
              But then again, 3.5 hours each way - I'll be bored out of my mind if I dont have toys to play with!

What do yous think?
              i took my laptop bag which housed all my gadgets for a similar lengthly journey to an interview. The lady at the reception was kind enough to hold it for me while i attended the interview. I got the gig

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
                Yeah because if you're intent on blowing up the place the extra couple of quid will really put you off
                It's to pay for the airport style scanner they have to have...
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I hate big bags, 1 decent book is all you need to keep the mind occupied

If you must take all the toys use the left luggage, if Kings Cross has not got one St Pancras has (in the passage between monsoon & boots)
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

If I had to travel that far, I'd ask if they'd consider doing a telephone interview first just to make sure you're all on the same wavelength. Thanks to some useless agent, I once travelled 200 miles to an interview which lasted 5 minutes because my skills didn't match their requirements.

Always good to get the technical bit done on the phone too; if it goes well, I find it instils a bit more confidence at the face to face.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      Yep, I'm with Mary on this - oversized is the way to go... I have all sorts of tulipe in mine
                      Most of my femal friends have far, far, far too much crud in theirs. They don't understand the concept of travelling light.

Originally posted by swamp View Post
                      Remember a small bottle of water and eat a banana before you go in.
                      Why?
                      The sensible answer would be to give you energy. I'm a fan of drinking a can of redbull before tests/interviews as it helps concentration. FFS! Don't drink two.

Alternativly you could just be very professional, walk in, sit down (I assume your wearing a skirt so knees together dear you weren't dragged up), peel the banana very slowly, tip your glasses to the end of your nose (if you don't wear glasses get some) then inhale that banana.

For extra bonus points if you have long hair and some knitting needles you can pull out to let it drop down this would be benefical.

Comment

Working...
                      X