• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Convertible cars?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i agree with a few of the other posts. If you want it go for it. I don't have one but borrowed accountants 3.2 quattto audi a4 softtop to pick him after he'd left it near me after drinking. The noise was phenominal and certainly makes you smile. You do see people looking at you as if to say "lookat that tw@t with the top down" it's just jealousy that their corsa can't get above 50mph!

Comment

Had a drive of my sister's new Merc. CLK Cabriolet the other day.

I'm not much of a petrol head, but this car was really fun.

Having the top down on a fine sunny day, out in the country, brilliant.

A bugger to reverse, not much power uphill, but good fun, and looks great.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Motorbike - next
        Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post
          Motorbike - next
          Ermm... no thanks

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
            Ermm... no thanks
            WHS++

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
              Had a drive of my sister's new Merc. CLK Cabriolet the other day.

I'm not much of a petrol head, but this car was really fun.

Having the top down on a fine sunny day, out in the country, brilliant.
              I got overtaken by a silver one on Sunday.

We'd been pootling along following some numpties doing 70 for ages. When they got out of the way I put my foot down and the open-top Merc behind me kept pace until I could pull over into a gap to let him pass. I was doing 95 when they went past; a couple in their 50s or 60s with grins like a couple of teenagers.

Whether I'd give up the air conditioning and being able to hear the CD for flies in my hair ... I don't know.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

If I could get my hubby's car out of the garage - I would go for a classic MG Roadster
                Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  I got overtaken by a silver one on Sunday.

We'd been pootling along following some numpties doing 70 for ages. When they got out of the way I put my foot down and the open-top Merc behind me kept pace until I could pull over into a gap to let him pass. I was doing 95 when they went past; a couple in their 50s or 60s with grins like a couple of teenagers.

Whether I'd give up the air conditioning and being able to hear the CD for flies in my hair ... I don't know.
                  Yep. Sorry about that Richard.

Comment

I picked up a pre reg 09 3 series convertible which was fully loaded and I mean fully loaded. Only had 150 miles on the clock. It was 10k less than the official BMW retail price.

I love it, its great and you can drive it any weather. TBH there's only been a few days when I havent been able to get the top down.

I love topless motoring!
                    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkOD View Post
                      i agree with a few of the other posts. If you want it go for it. I don't have one but borrowed accountants 3.2 quattto audi a4 softtop to pick him after he'd left it near me after drinking. The noise was phenominal and certainly makes you smile. You do see people looking at you as if to say "lookat that tw@t with the top down" it's just jealousy that their corsa can't get above 50mph!
                      No it's not... I really do think "look at that tw@t with the top down". Jealousy doesn't come into it, pity maybe?
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X