• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quote of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac
    You going to change your name next year to N7Gooner?
    you got it.
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Comment

Until your bunch of overpaid, overvalued mercenaries can muster 13 League titles, 10 FA Cups, including 3 Doubles, get back in yer box.

Mordy - Gooner.

Such a down to earth English club!! One of the original "bunch of overpaid, overvalued mercenaries". Now someone else get's a go you hate it don't you?
        Your not the greatest club (and no it's not Chelsea) Like Brazil keeping the World Cup and Liverpool keeping the Chapions league...Blah! Blah! One club kept "THE" cup after winning it 5 times.....and then gave it back....now that's about being "GREAT"....who is it eh? eh?

Pheonix in jump out of the box and skip back in, mode

Comment

Er, 'scuse me, but Exhibit A:

T. Henry, £10.5m
          D. Drogba £24m

Guess which one was overvalued.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

>One club kept "THE" cup after winning it 5 times.....and then gave it back

Did you really win 5 Leyland Dafs? Sh1t N5, he's gone one better than us.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Er, 'scuse me, but Exhibit A:

T. Henry, £10.5m
              D. Drogba £24m

Guess which one was overvalued.

Mr Mordac....who gives a sh*t wer'e top of the league your not!
              I think your new ground is a waste of money!!
              But it's nice to see you named it after our Premiership winning sponsors....will you be really nice and name a stand after Frankie Lampard as well....

Comment

Mate if we were being backed by a Russian gangster with a couple of spare billion to bankroll us, we'd be top of the League too. The difference is we have achieved a consistent level of success (OK the 60's and most of the 80's were tulip ) over many decades by living within our means. Every time your lot have tried that, they come within an inch of disappearing down the toilet, only to be rescued by a megalomaniac Santa lookalike with £1 (who was overcharged, incidentally) or a Russian *cough* "businessman" of questionable repute.
                I don't have to worry whether my club will be around in a few years time, or what will happen if the Russian gets bored and f**ks off, leaving a billion pound debt. Silver pots can be bought (c. £300m and counting in your case) but we've got real history, my friend, and you can't buy that.
                And while on the subject of grounds, yours is an absolute sh1thole. Of course I can only speak for the away bit, I wouldn't be seen dead in your corporate stands.

(Edit - just realised I spelt Ken Bates wrong.)
                Last edited by Mordac; 9 November 2005, 15:11.

Comment

I agree Mordac, Arsenal have a fine history.

Comment

Rumour has it that Comrade Abramovich is having a nice new house built over here. He's apparently installed a CCTV system to monitor the building work - which includes a firing range in the basement - that he can accessfrom his PDA anywhere in the world. Apparently he used it recently and decided he didnt like the £1m swimming pool that was being put in and had it ripped out and replaced with a £2m version.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Touche Stack.

Comment

Working...
                      X