• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quote of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, more wild stabs. Royal Engineers, Old Etonians, Tottering Hotspurts, Moanchester Utd, Bolton Wanderers?

Any warmer?
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Go on, gissa clue.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I think I've got it - the Wanderers. Whatever happened to them?

Comment

SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
            I think I've got it - the Wanderers. Whatever happened to them?
            Well done Mordac! The Wanderers were so good, that in the first 8 years of the FA cup they won it 5 times, won the cup outright, gave it back, and then probably took up a more competitive sport

Comment

come on you goooooners.
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix
                Well done Mordac! The Wanderers were so good, that in the first 8 years of the FA cup they won it 5 times, won the cup outright, gave it back, and then probably took up a more competitive sport
                Actually they won five of the first seven years, but the reason they won it outright was that they won it three times in a row.

They handed it back on condition that no-one else could win it outright. When Blackburn won three in a row later, they had to hand it back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                  Until your bunch of overpaid, overvalued mercenaries can muster 13 League titles, 10 FA Cups, including 3 Doubles, get back in yer box.

Mordy - Gooner.
                  Mordy, The Arse have the disgrace of being the only club to lose to a welsh team in an FA Cup final.

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole

"It is better to lose and be right, than to win and be wrong."
                    Tony Blair during the 90-day debate in the Commons.
                    Well that's all right then. 'cos you lost and were wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by stackpole
                      Mordy, The Arse have the disgrace of being the only club to lose to a welsh team in an FA Cup final.
                      That was in 1927, and I think we're over it. Especially after returning to Cardiff 4 times in the last 5 years and winning it 3 times.

Next.

Comment

Working...
                      X