• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The bench beckons...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stolly View Post
    One week left. Nothing lined up. First time on bench in 18 months of contracting.

So i'll get the garden sorted and spend some time with the kids. To be honest 2 weeks with no work to worry about doesn't sound too bad. Hopefully things will pick up in September.
    Ambitious - be prepared for a bit of a longer stint as many on here would probably vouch for. Good luck though anyway...make the most of the time off.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      Ambitious - be prepared for a bit of a longer stint as many on here would probably vouch for. Good luck though anyway...make the most of the time off.
      Well, i've done my 1st week on the bench. Been great really, got some garden stuff done, took the kids to the beach etc.

Start a new role on Monday on my highest rate ever. It is only 4 weeks though, although it'll possibly be every day of the week. After that who knows, i'll probably need another week off to recover...

Comment

Originally posted by Stolly View Post
        Well, i've done my 1st week on the bench. Been great really, got some garden stuff done, took the kids to the beach etc.

Start a new role on Monday on my highest rate ever. It is only 4 weeks though, although it'll possibly be every day of the week. After that who knows, i'll probably need another week off to recover...
        Yeah working 5 days a week is a real b*tch eh!

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN View Post
          Yeah working 5 days a week is a real b*tch eh!
          although it'll possibly be every day of the week
          7 days in a week.

Comment

Ah well, if nothing turns up you can always become a rent boy like me. I earned over £22 last week.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Ah well, if nothing turns up you can always become a rent boy like me. I earned over £22 last week.
              I thought you retired after the last downturn

Comment

Working...
              X