• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giving up alcohol

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope - I dont mess around with the tax man.
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

current ex to be
      hmm, what's a current ex to be?

Has this something to do with Einstein's time paradox?
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

No, just makes a change from my usual phrase 'girlfiend'...
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
          2k a month is easy... 1k in one day on champagne, long island iced teas, a £275 bottle of Chateau Latour '78, a £175 quid bottle of white (cant remember which), oh and some food and a romatic view over Edinburgh from the balcony of the Tower Restaurant at 1am on our own...

Thats why I contract I guess. I have to to support the lifestyle...!

P.S that was when I had just had a signed renewal for 6 months for £50 an hour - highest rate ive had in Scotland, and the first 'proper' date with the current ex-to-be. Unfortunately a week later Atos Origin reneged on their signed contract.
          Bad Luck Old Bean , having worked with Atos Origin before, remember half of the lies they tell you are not true.

Mind you my monthly expenditure on beer , is around 15 to 20 Euros per month , so youve left me standing there, mind you you cant drink Belgian Beer quickly you know !
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 7 November 2005, 14:28.

Comment

I had 3 glasses of wine last week 10 Euros. I spend a lot more on bananas than I do on booze.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

>my monthly expenditure on beer , is around 15 to 20 Euros per month

I think you need to A) get out more or B) start getting your fair share of rounds in Alf.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Yep... ironically agents are saying to me 'oh, you worked for Atos Origin.. good!'...

Erm, are they trying to prepare me for major rear-entry violation perhaps...?

One permie left while I was there, two others were asking me to find them other jobs, the contractor opposite me was going 'on holiday' for two weeks and had his CV out... not bad out of a project team of 9.

The contractors openly discussed rates when away from the perms, and I found out I was on 50 an hour, while the others were on about 35. The advert is now back on Jobserve etc.. its changed from being a 6 month contract (which is what have signed in front of me now via Alexander Mann), to a 3 month contract, and back to a 5 month contract I noticed today. Their funding is totally mismanaged - I talked to contractors on other teams who were suddenly moved around projects when the cash suddenly evaporated.
                Last edited by mcquiggd; 7 November 2005, 14:38.
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
                  Yep... ironically agents are saying to me 'oh, you worked for Atos Origin.. good!'...

Erm, are they trying to prepare me for major rear-entry violation perhaps...?

One permie left while I was there, two others were asking me to find them other jobs, the contractor opposite me was going 'on holiday' for two weeks and had his CV out... not bad out of a project team of 9.

The contractors openly discussed rates when away from the perms, and I found out I was on 50 an hour, while the others were on about 35. The advert is now back on Jobserve etc.. its changed from being a 6 month contract (which is what have signed in front of me now via Alexander Mann), to a 3 month contract, and back to a 5 month contract I noticed today. Their funding is totally mismanaged - I talked to contractors on other teams who were suddenly moved around projects when the cash suddenly evaporated.

Yes, Ive seen that movie before, you know theyre not a bad bunch the Origin Atos Boys, well at least whilst they were Origin, anyway typical Dutchie French Organised Anarchy but hey,they always muddle though in the end.

PS BlBates I just bought a kilo of ecuadorian bananas for 1 Euro 20 cents

PPS I do get out but Im a slow drinker

Comment

Are you making Banana Skin wine at home, by any chance, Mr Pruffock...?
                    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

well after getting really really drunk at the fireworks party last Sat, ( you know, performing the grind and butt dance with quite a few blokes, as you do) then scoring with two goooooooorgeous army officers , I think perhaps I should give up Alcohol for a while ... but wait, next week I have a leaving do ..free drinks ... the week after I have the company's Xmas ball... free drinks (champagne etc)..errrr perhaps I should give up after new year

Comment

Working...
                      X