• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thatcher's top five achievements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the_duderama View Post
    You do know that there are a number of high ranking tory MP's who are openly gay?
    Don't spoil CyberTwat's rantings with the facts (again)

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      Don't spoil CyberTwat's rantings with the facts (again)
      Sorry.

Comment

...I too continue to look forward to a future of seeing myself, my friends and family being ****ed over by the super rich!
        As one of the super rich, I'm looking forward to ****ing over you, your friends and family, as you are ghastly poor people.

Margeret Thatcher stayed in power because she twigged she only need to please 40% of the population - and the other parties were absolute shambles. The governments since have been weak, because they court popularity.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The painful - but necessary - medicine the Tories prescribed in the early 80s was helped by a good dose of (North Sea) oil to bolster the exchequer. Anyone foresee a similar windfall in 2010?

Comment

The depressing thing about this thread is that so many of you view politics in the same way you view religion i.e. back the right horse and all will be well. Maybe the 'I'll be saved and fck everyone else' ideology needs revisiting?

Just a thought and I look forward to your vitriol.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              The depressing thing about this thread is that so many of you view politics in the same way you view religion i.e. back the right horse and all will be well. Maybe the 'I'll be saved and fck everyone else' ideology needs revisiting?

Put the kettle on love.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                Put the kettle on love.
                Sub-standard response - even for your stellar wit
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  You only have to look at Margaret Thatcher, if that wasn't a man in drag then I'm Danny LaRue
                  Spitting Images did have her wearing a suit and tie.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post

Indeed and in a thread intended to solicit celebration of Thatcher, it took about five posts to descend into a slagfest of Labour and anyone who has ever voted Labour

Comment

You do know that there are a number of high ranking tory MP's who are openly gay?

Also, Thatcher:

1- Went to far with manufacturing in this country, crippling our future for politcal gain.
                      2 - Destroyed working class communities, resulting in a perminant jobless underclass.
                      3 - Liberalised the markets, contributing towards the current instablity.
                      4 - Convinced the poor they could all also become rich if they just worked harder; "Look you can buy a tulipty house and become a member of the property owning middle classes!"
                      5 - Whilst making it eaiser for the rich to exploit the poor.

Excellent work! I too continue to look forward to a future of seeing myself, my friends and family being ****ed over by the super rich!
                      So are you saying that the working class should have been kept in their place?

Are you also saying that governments are better at running markets than we are?

Are you suggesting that the working class are too stupid to be allowed to make their own decisions?

Are you also saying that the working classes were again too stupid to fend for themselves and needed the patronage of the middle classes to keep them working in their non productive, uncompetitive industries.

I will agree with some of the hindsight assertions that were made about her going too far with stopping investment in manufacturing (where are all the engineers today?)

However the implications of your criticisms of her effectively mean that you condone a state run regulated society with a planned economy. Which therefore makes your criticisms compliments.
                      Last edited by DodgyAgent; 29 July 2009, 14:59.
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X