• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thatcher's top five achievements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    The depressing thing about this thread is that so many of you view politics in the same way you view religion i.e. back the right horse and all will be well. Maybe the 'I'll be saved and fck everyone else' ideology needs revisiting?

Just a thought and I look forward to your vitriol.

True, and my allegiances are there because of my commonsense belief that money should not be spent unless it is affordable, and the means to make things affordable is to have a growing private sector and not a totally unaffordable ever-growing public sector/welfare state and diminishing private sector which Labour have created. It's pure commonsense, but unfortunately that attribute is in short supply with Labour and its supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      However the implications of your criticisms of her effectively mean that you condone a state run regulated society with a planned economy.
      If only we could do something else, if only there could be, perhaps, a Third Way...

...runs away quickly...
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

So are you saying that the working class should have been kept in their place?
        Yes.

Are you also saying that governments are better at running markets than we are?
        No.

Are you suggesting that the working class are too stupid to be allowed to make their own decisions?
        Yes

Are you also saying that the working classes were again too stupid to fend for themselves and needed the patronage of the middle classes to keep them working in their non productive, uncompetitive industries.
        No.

...(where are all the engineers today?)
        Abroad
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          Indeed and in a thread intended to solicit celebration of Thatcher, it took about five posts to descend into a slagfest of Labour and anyone who has ever voted Labour

.. but you truly are thick because you keep promoting a failing Labour government against all the evidence. When will you learn that things always fail under this lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
            Sub-standard response - even for your stellar wit
            Stella ?

someone mention Stella ?

is it that time already?

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Yes.

No.

Yes

No.

Abroad
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by TinTrump View Post
                The painful - but necessary - medicine the Tories prescribed in the early 80s was helped by a good dose of (North Sea) oil to bolster the exchequer. Anyone foresee a similar windfall in 2010?

That's exactly why we need to stop wasting money, and make cuts to some areas of public expenditure. Labour simply aren't up to these tough decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  .. but you truly are thick because you keep promoting a failing Labour government against all the evidence. When will you learn that things always fail under this lot.

I dont think he is. Just because he may criticise Thatcher des not mean he is condoning labour.

I agree with Simon Heffers criticisms of your Tory party

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c...overnment.html
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I dont think he is. Just because he may criticise Thatcher des not mean he is condoning labour.

I agree with Simon Heffers criticisms of your Tory party

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c...overnment.html

Thatcher is not beyond criticism, but she is far more beyond it than any other leader of any party over the last 50 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                      True indeed, and Labour never upset people in this way because they never make difficult decisions that would lose votes.
                      - War with Iraq
                      - University top-up fees (and loans Vs grants in general)
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X