• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flapjack recipe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- no im not sure I am a chef, although I do like the tv series with Lenny Henry

- homemade stuff is always better
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Looove apricot flapjacks especially. I found most recipes (incl. the one on uktv food which is what I based mine on) were a bit dry so my tip is to add half a jar of jam to the mix (helps with flavour too).

Comment

Not endorsed by my gran, and probably NSFW

http://www.evilweeds.com/cannabis-co...bis-flapjacks/

Comment

Originally posted by TinTrump View Post
          Looove apricot flapjacks especially. I found most recipes (incl. the one on uktv food which is what I based mine on) were a bit dry so my tip is to add half a jar of jam to the mix (helps with flavour too).
          Why not post your recipe

Comment

Cats love flapjack, and I'm something of an expert here.

Now for me Marks and Spencer flapjack is the Gold Standard. Lots of butter and lots of syrup. But you can't beat that home cooked, almost slightly burnt round the edge texture, which you won't get in the supermarket. Unfortunately I don't know any recipes.

HTH
            Cats are evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Why not post your recipe
              Its this one;
              http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/511892
              but being a greedy pig I double the qty and add the jam so they're nice & moist. A sprinkling of crushed hazelnuts on top is nice too.
              Used to have an organic wholefood shop near my home which sold the most delicious homemade apricot and apple&strawberry flapjacks in big trays; rich and fruity (like some of the characters on this site). The only things I bought there! But food safety standards changed and they could only sell factory made, pre-packed ones

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                - no im not sure I am a chef, although I do like the tv series with Lenny Henry

- homemade stuff is always better
                Usually, if you have the skill. Most people would struggle to make pasta, choux/filo pastry from scratch that's better than shop-bought.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Usually, if you have the skill. Most people would struggle to make pasta, choux/filo pastry from scratch that's better than shop-bought.
                  My dad was a trained pastry chef and he showed me how to make choux.
                  God knows why he chose to spend his life as a bus driver.
                  We did have lovely cakes when I was growing up too. I also do terrific meringues.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

If I was independently wealthy, I'd make cakes to order. But IT pays better. I still make cakes for friends and of course Pogle Jrs birthday cake - this year she wants guinea pigs on it. I shall probably use chocolate vermicelli for piggy poop!

Flapjacks are OK, but a bit sweet for me. Muffins are good to make, why don't you try them?
                    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X