• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Specifications for a Married Man's Shed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    - security camera with motion sensor (facing the back door)
    That shouldn't be necessary. Any self-respecting shed will have a delicate arrangement of rakes, spades, strimmers etc. propped up by the door. When disturbed by the uninitiated, it will clatter into the "closed" position thus barring entry while sounding the alarm.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
      Are you sure? Mines got a rusty old lawnmower and a couple of bikes in it.

I sleep and eat in the house.

Have I got it the wrong way round?
      Sounds like you need another shed.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Don't forget a little place behind it that you can pee in.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
          Depends on how much space you need surely?
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by dinker View Post
            Guy across the road has FIVE sheds, what does that say about his married life?

You obviously live in Slough.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              ...smoke fags, snog girls etc etc...
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Double garage kitted out with lots of Snap-On tools and a half built Ultima GTR.

Comment

A safe. Aren`t we contractors supposed to earn "shed loads of money". Stock up the shed, you`ll need it after the divorce that 33% + marriages end in.

Thought I`d be negative as it`s raining outside.

Comment

Big enough for one comfortably but too small for two for any length of time.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Can't believe you have forgotten a games console - PS3/XBox etc.

Anyway, this may provide some inspiration.

Comment

Working...
                      X