• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Specifications for a Married Man's Shed?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    I want one of these: http://www.theqube.co.uk/

Half "office", half workshop.
    You've misunderstood completely.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

La-Z-Boy chair and Pioneer KRP-600M 60" plasma (with appropriate input sources and speakers). And Jessica Alba.
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        You've misunderstood completely.
        Do you mean, it's too nice and the Mrs will want to be there all the time? Or I haven't specified the relevant accoutrements to make my time in said building enjoyable?
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I'd ditch the mattress idea and get a comfy couch in there instead.
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

What is missing from my hastily thrown-together list?

- high speed broadband
            - insulation (for sound, primarily)
            - security camera with motion sensor (facing the back door)
            - kettle
            - beer fridge
            - bottle opener, two wine glasses and two beer glasses
            - mattress
            - a window so mucky you can't quite see in
            Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Satellite TV
            Home Brew equipment
            Toaster One ring hotplate or camping stove.
            Chemical loo if connections to mains sewerage is not practical.
            Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
            Spinning bike
            Free weights
            Pot noodles
            Kleenex
            This is my life now
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Do you mean, it's too nice and the Mrs will want to be there all the time?
              That and the HUGE expanse of glass.

How are you supposed to keep up with the One-A-Day thread with a window like that?
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                This is my life now
                Livin' the dream

Comment

How are you supposed to keep up with the One-A-Day thread with a window like that?
                  Very good point. Maybe there should be a screen in the workshop bit too...
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Saw a very neat idea on Grand Designs the other night. Glass panels with a built in LCD film. Flick a wall switch and it goes opaque, instantly. Flick it back and it's perfectly clear again.

I'm sure you could rig an automation system to query URL's and activate it automatically when required
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      Saw a very neat idea on Grand Designs the other night. Glass panels with a built in LCD film. Flick a wall switch and it goes opaque, instantly. Flick it back and it's perfectly clear again.

I'm sure you could rig an automation system to query URL's and activate it automatically when required
                      The default is opaque IIRC - it actually needs power to go transparent...

Comment

Working...
                      X